1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40k new books

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by lupercal, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

what all nes books will i need to start playing again (haven't played since 2nd ed) i know i need the main rule book and codex's but there is so many new books out now and i'm so far out of the loop i just not sure what all books are necessry now

also has there been a new dark eldar codex cause i can't seem to find one

2. stu
    Skink

stu New Member

you just need a rulebook and your desired codex. Dark eldar haven't had new models or codex for a while, and it doesn't seem like they will get one anytime soon.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

New Dark Eldar models have been spotted, and they should only be a year or two away with any luck for them. At the moment, their 'current' codex was printed in 1999, 2 editions ago, so they aren't really worth considering at the moment.

4. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

My DE playing friend will be happy to hear that, ATM they're re-doing all the Space Marine codexes (im so sick of space maries, anyone else? They've got enough stuff already and there may be a Blood Ravens codex *shudder*) But i would definatly not say that they arn't worth considering at the moment, even though they're old, the Dark Eldar still get into the top 3 at tournaments, and are actually, quite a good army (IMO).

Didn't they get new whitches alittle while ago (im not sure when, but i remember seeing some Whitches in a 'recent' white dwarf.)

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well, the Dark Eldar are probably the hardest army to play effectively between both 40k and WHFB. I say that with some DE experience, having a small army of them and playing them for a while back in 3rd and early 4th edition. If they are posting well at tournaments (which I must say surprises me) it is because there are a select few who know how to get the absolute most out of the book and can play the army really well. I wouldn't say there are too many people though.

Their models are all very old and some GW's don't even sell them anymore. It is a shame because they were a cool army. I'm afraid I have to stick with the not being worth it until they get redone, and I haven't heard anything since that last post 7 months or so ago so who knows when it will happen.

I can definitely agree that Space Marines get waaay too much attention, new models and a new book almost every year. There is a reason for it though. Space Marines account for just over 50% of all GW sales. Yep, not just 40k sales. Not just 40k and WHFB. 40k, WHFB, terrain, books, paints, equipment, all the LOTR models..... 50% of all sales are marines, and GW is a business so it makes sense that they keep pumping the most popular poster boys of the company.

Also;

BAcodexjoke.jpg

This is in reference to the recent-ish Blood Angels codex, quite amusing. :)

6. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

They should update dark elder...NOW...and then they should update tau....

Awesome picture, it's hilarious!

7. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Actually, its basically judt Archon with incubi, and as many raider squads as points allow. Or maybne Ravagers for an anrmy wide pinning.