1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 500 -> 1000 pts Escalation league

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by SneakyTree, Nov 3, 2016.

1. SneakyTree
    Jungle Swarm

SneakyTree New Member

Hello,

I'm really new to AoS, although I did play Lizardmen in fantasy a looong time ago. I'm entering a small 500 -> 1000 pts escalation league, and can't really decide what to play. The thing is that we are not allowed to use warscrolls in this league, so the lists I'm currently considering are:

Eternity Warden
    15 Saurus Guards
    = 440 pts
    add
    Slann Starmaster
    15 Saurus Guards
    = 1000 pts

The 500 pts games might get difficult, but on 1000 pts you can have a large unit with Guards with a 2+ save (from the Slann) that are pretty powerful in CC. However, I'm afraid I might get rekt by cannons and nasty mortal wound stuff due to low model count.

The second list is
    Saurus Sunblood
    30 Saurus Warriors
    10 Skinks
    = 500 pts
    add
    10 Saurus Warriors
    15 Chameleon Skinks
    = 960 pts

This list will probably do better in the smaller games, and the Chameleon Skinks can wreck artillery or Wizards, but the Guards just look so much better than the Warriors on paper, are the Warriors any good? Do you have any other suggestions for me? I don't own any flyers or monsters at the moment, so those are not an option. I do have Knights, Skinks and more Saurus Warriors to use, as well as all the heroes except the Starseer.

Thanks in advance!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like the second list, but I would drop 5 Chameleons and add in the starseer.

3. SneakyTree
    Jungle Swarm

SneakyTree New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

I tried the list with the Starseer against Dwarves, and really enjoyed it. The Chameleon Skinks were amazing, even though I used them poorly. I was thinking about removing the Sunblood and the Starseer for a Slann to get the constallations and protection from ranged attacks to get the Saurus into combat. However, I wouldn't be able to afford the Eternity Warden. Would that be a bad idea?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The slann will become a target, which will help others survive longer, but losing those rerolls and curse of fates will really be noticeable. I would save the slann for larger point games, or rebuild entirely around having the slann.

5. SneakyTree
    Jungle Swarm

SneakyTree New Member

True. What I'm considering doing is this list. 10 more Skinks for objective securing (we'll be playing the Pitched battles with objectives from the General's Handbook) and combat shenanigans, and a Starpriest to increase the survivability of the Saurus block. I would like to use Temple Guards and the Slann, but I know at least two players are going for Stormcast Eternals with teleporting mortal wounds, so that feels like asking for trouble.. Is the Starseer comparable in size with a Slann? I don't own one, and it is quite expensive, so I'm considering modding one using the Slann's chair.

Scar-Veteran on Cold One 100 pts
    40 Saurus Warriors with spears 400 pts

Skink Starpriest 100 pts
    10 Skinks 80 pts
    10 Skinks 80 pts
    10 Chameleon Skinks 240 pts
    = 1000 pts

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The chair from the slann would work with a skink on it as a proxy, assuming you are allowed proxies. I used to do that, just put a skink priest on the palanquin and put the slann on a same sized base. It simply drpends on how strict your group is with these things.

SneakyTree likes this.
  7. SneakyTree
    Jungle Swarm

SneakyTree New Member

Great, thanks! I guess I'll just have to play a few games to find which list works best.