1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 500p list help?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by steam, Dec 20, 2014.

1. steam
    Skink

steam Member

Hello fellow lizardmen!
    I have a lizardmen army for 5+ years, but never actually played it that much... Only 3-5 games for all those years. But not any more!! Some fellow club members got in to fantasy, and I thought that its my chance to repaint and remodel all my lizardmen. But I need youre help in building the force!!
    In my colection I have.
    Slan, HQ on cold one, skink chief.
    13 skinks with blow pipes, 2 swarms, 24 saurus warriors, 20 temple guards, 7 cold one knights and an stegadon with engine of the gods.

2. Bloodzerker
    Skink

Bloodzerker New Member

Hello, welcome back to lizards.

first off taking slann is too many points for 500, also fielding tg on their on i wouldn't recommend here.

now i love some range, skinks skirmishers with jav/shield(just mention it at beginning of game to your opponent), lets you field some saurus to accompany

now i what you call one HQ on cold one, here we call a cowboy, and these are destructive especially in low point games.

bunker in him in a little bus, all 7 cold ones.

(this is the list i use in 500 points at my local, we play with minor rules, no lords, 1 hero cannot exceed 150 pts)
    List

10 skink skirmishers jav/shields

6 saurus FC/Mus (one row with hw/shield)

6 cold one riders FC/Mus

1 Saurus scar-veteran with Stegadon Helm / Great weapon

makes 500 pts right on!

3. steam
    Skink

steam Member

is the full command on the cold one knights needed? I will reasemble them tomorow, so it would be nice to know what arms to glue on ^^D

4. Bloodzerker
    Skink

Bloodzerker New Member

i realize now that when i type FC it might be confusing, i didn't mean full command, meant the flag carrier and a musician.
    i would definitely equip one with a banner, you never know you might want use him as a scarvet BsB later on...

Its is not a Must, i simply recommend it, you can modify the list to your preferences, the base list is pretty solid but you can play around with it, remove the banners and musicians, for additional models in your units

quick tips,

read tactica for skinks skirmisher,
    how to redirect / bug you opponent with those

try to hold up one of the bigger enemy bloc with saurus

flank enemy with the COR it will destroy a lot of stuff at 500 points, that scarvet is OP in low pts games.

my first game ever was free for all with 3 players, my sauri held up the chaos player, my unit of COR flanked dwarfes and destroyed his 3 units (450 points or so).

Skink ran in the watchtower asap and shot form there.

anyway GL have fun!

5. steam
    Skink

steam Member

Thank you very much! You really helped me!
    I will be playing mostly vs dwarves, vampire, wood elves, dark elves and maybe high elves.
    One last question. Should I run the scar vet solo or in the unit?

6. Bloodzerker
    Skink

Bloodzerker New Member

Yes do run it in the unit, it will add protection to your scarvet, you get a Look out sir roll while he is in the unit!

7. Angaturama
    Skink

Angaturama Member

"6 saurus FC/Mus (one row with hw/shield)"

may I remind you that a Saurus unit must have at least 10 models in it? the 6 doesnt quite work out...