1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. [7th Ed.] 2k Lizards

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Khakorlot, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Khakorlot
    Saurus

Khakorlot New Member

Since my gaming group doesn't seem to be moving to 8th edition, I thought it best to try and re-design my 7th edition lists instead of creating 8th edition ones only. Currently, this is my only list that includes TG at 2k or less, and my previous uses of them have been less than satisfactory, so i'm giving them a chance to redeem themselves as opposed to going my additional route of lone Slann:

Lords:
    Slaan Mage-Priest w/ Focus of Mystery, The Focussed Rumination, The Becalming Cogitation, Higher State, BSB, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones and Bane Head – 510pts

Heroes:
    Scar Veteran w/ Light armour, Sword of the Hornet, Enchanted Shield - 130pts
    Skink Priest w/ Level 2 wizard, Plaque of Tepok, Curse-Charm of Tepok and EotG - 425pts

Core:
    10 Skink Skirmishers - 70pts
    10 Skink Skirmishers - 70pts
    16 Saurus Warriors w/ Spears, Musician and Standard Bearer - 210pts
    12 Saurus Warriors w/ Spears, Musician and Standard Bearer - 162pts
    12 Saurus Warriors w/ Spears, Musician and Standard Bearer - 162pts

Special:
    15 Temple Guard w/ Musician and Standard Bearer – 261pts

Total – 2000pts

Slann and Scar Vet. join the TG (running 5x4 thanks to the bases taken up by the vet + the slann), flanked on each side by the 2 12-man Saurus (running 6x2) with the 16-man unit (running 5x3 because I had a brainfart and thought 16 was 3 lots of 6, and only just realised I need to scrape 24 points from somewhere to run them 6x3) in front (screen for the TG in the first few rounds, Slann casting over them thanks to his rule). Skinks ride up a flank each and the EotG goes wherever it's needed, i'm not one to argue with a dinosaur.

2. Khakorlot
    Saurus

Khakorlot New Member

I guess people really don't like 7th anymore...

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Seems like a good solid list...
    Nothing fancy, but those Saurus blocks
    should tear through just about anything.

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I would add some Terradons to that list. Maybe a unit of 3-4. I would also take some chameleons (I just love em...they are the reason I play Lizardmen).

5. Khakorlot
    Saurus

Khakorlot New Member

I forgot to mention, there are no terradons or kroxigors in my lists (this isn't just something i've come up with, i've been running my lizards this way since I started them), kroxigors purely because of the cost:use ratio, but terradons half for the same reason and half because they don't fit my fluff, slightly because I don't like the models much too.