1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement 8th edition topics

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by strewart, May 27, 2010.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

This is probably going to make things a little bit messy for a while, and I'm not going to go back and change all the threads already going, but we are getting too many 8th ed topics.
    So from now I want one topic in LM discussions which talk about how the new rules will effect LM, this one, and one in General Hobby Chat discussing general rumours/confirmations, this one. I have stickied both, new threads will be merged into whichever I see fit. Feel free to bump old threads that have useful information, I will merge them too. Lets see how this goes.

2. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Thanks for cleaning up the mess..... way to many people make new topics about 8th edition...
    :D :rage:

3. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

Have you guys put any thought into how the forums going to handle the change?

By what i mean is, I'm also a member over on advanced tau tactica and they didn't really remove any of the threads from the rules section and such when 40K changed from 4th to 5th.

While things definitely got sorted out fairly quickly, making a search through the threads is almost pointless because of all the old 4th ed stuff that gets picked up with the search.

Just my FYI to you guys, trying to provide a little heads up of my own.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Generally if you did a search you could look at the date of the topic and tell it was before the new edition... But it is a good point that we may need to look at. There was no trouble between the 6th and 7th ed LM army books, and that causes arguably just as much if not more of a change, so it should be ok.