1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. A couple tricky questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Caneghem, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

1. Say I have a Lord on Carnosaur. I charge a single model and my Lord wipes it out with his Blade of Realities. Is the combined model now frenzied? I know that once the Carno has it, so does the Oldblood, but does the Carno have to inflict the wound himself? Or should I roll the Carno's attacks and see if he would have wounded the target also? Or does the Oldblood inflicting wounds now give them both frenzy?

2. Terradons fly over a unit and drop their rocks. The target takes more than 25% casualties and fails its panic test. Which direction do they flee?
    a) Away from the final position of the terradons
    b) Away from the direction the rocks came from (i.e. the direction the terradons came from)
    c) Toward the nearest table edge

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

1. The Carnosaur has to inflict the wound, and no you wouldn't roll from him, if you want to make sure the carno becomes frenzied attack with him before your old blood.

2. Towards the direction the rocks fell, so into the terradons.

3. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

and if you land your terradons behind the unit and they happen to break and run into them...they are gone? guy on worlds end radio was mentioning something like that

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Yep that's how it would work :)

5. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

@craken: and how do you come to this conclusion cause i don't see anything in the lizzie book explaining it.
    i think it is more of a random direction decided by scatter dice.

6. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Where do you come up with this scatter dice rule? As where I got it from I got it from pg.49 which states the run from the unit that caused the most damage taken, this test is taken as soon as the casulties are taken, however the wounds are dealt in front, causing the unit to run back, from where the units where however the unit it now behind them so they would run into them. It explains this with an example of a fanatic in the rule book.

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Thanks for the responses.

I guess that allows me to stave off frenzy if that is my goal, of attack with the carno first if I'm ready to let frenzy kick in.

Cool trick with the terradons too, that's probably the optimal direction for the enemy to flee.

8. didleoman
    Chameleon Skink

didleoman New Member

what page in the BRB that says a mounts frenzy goes upwards to the rider?

9. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

pg.79 mount's psychology

10. jochemvh
    Saurus

jochemvh New Member

This is not possible as your carno has an initiative of 2 and Krog-Gar and Old blood have an initiative of 4.
    so they'll always have to strike before the carno.

11. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

On a charge I think you can decided

12. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

I'm not so sure about that.. anyone with reliable sources that can beg the difference?

13. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I'm not sure either, just what I thought

14. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

I always thought it was done by Init, if it is not then if you charge multiple units into a combat how would you work out the order of attacks. Being able to choose could vastly change the combat and number of attacks.

15. The Dark Lord
    Skink

The Dark Lord New Member

Afaik there is no specific order to attacks on the charge, other than that they automatically strike first. So you should be able to choose freely. ;)
    (unless there's a FAQ out there with my name on it just laughing at me, or even the BRB for that matter) :jawdrop:

16. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

WRB pg 61 - Monsters - Monstrous Mounts In Combat
    "The monster will attack using its own characteristics, and the rider attacks separately using his characteristics. As the monster and rider are likely to have different Initiative values, they might strike their blows at different times. These attacks are worked out entirely normally, ..."

This suggests the order of their attacks is based on their individual initiatives.

17. The Dark Lord
    Skink

The Dark Lord New Member

It is. But on the charge there isn't anything that indicates that initiative would rule the order of attacks.

18. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

I think that is just refering to the normal SC and so the rider may strike first due to higher Init. and then the enemy get to retaliate before the mount get a chance to attack.

When in the case of a charge, I'm not so sure that does apply though...

Could be a just fine houserule though, making the chager attack in init. order, but we would deffinetly like to get this straight with any officials...

19. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

Then tell me where in the rule book it says hey on the charge you can ignore the normal rules for fighting in order of initiative and just go ahead and choose whatever you like!?

20. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

Well put it this way, you have a 20 block of troops that are charged in the front by 5 calvery and charged in the side by another 5 calvery. If the side calvery got to attack first they would get all their attacks, if the front attacked first the wounds they caused could negate the amount of attacks the side charge gets.