1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A message for Jurassic World...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Jul 17, 2015.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet on it, Nightbringer. Age Of Ultron and Terminator Genysis were supposed to be BO breakers and yet either failed to do so, or only sat on the podium for 2-3 weeks before getting knocked off. The same could happen here after the opening weekend, since the new Hunger Games comes out around that time of the year.

William Jackson likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'd be highly surprised if the Hunger Games could even slightly compete against Star Wars. The two franchises are not even on the same level. Mark my words, records will be broken. There is a lot of intrigue building up around this movie and a MASSIVE per-existing fan base. I can't see anything standing up to it! The force will be with you, always.

Of course I am a "bit" of a Star Wars fan, so I might be carrying a little bias. :)

Slanputin likes this.
  4. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

After the prequel trilogy and Mannikan Skywalker, I feel that fans are going to be VERY leery of this film.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I doubt it. Although the prequel trilogy was poorly received it still made a boat load of money. Everything is going to be fresh and new with the release of The Force Awakens. Gone will be the over reliance of CGI; they are using a whole bunch of practical effects this time around and filming a great deal on location. The return of the original cast will bring in the fans of the original trilogy and the hype train that is Disney will draw in a new generation.

Early evidence is already available with the outrageous YouTube view counts that the teaser trailers garnered; at the very least that is a strong indicator of the massive interest people have for this film. Even if the movie is only remotely good it will absolutely dominate the box office. Wait and see.

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

n810 likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry @NIGHTBRINGER , but star wars are huge for gen X'ers, but to the newer generations, it's more of a great film franchise; that sort of drowns in the marvel and dc run at the moment.
    Oh I think it will do well ! Age of Ultron, well! ( and that's, by the way, pretty decent)
    But I have this instinct, that original fans are granting Star wars too big of a place in the public mind set.
    It's huge don't get me wrong. But so are dinosaurs, so are super heroes.
    I simple fails to see where this particular franchise, so much exceeds the others that it is, as a lot of fans seems to think, going to smash every record to date.

Edit :
    This seems like a rant on star wars as a franchise. It's not!
    I too loves star wars, but every media I hear about are just blowing it way out of proportions. Let's wait and see, whether or not it actual takes the record, will not change the feel you'll have while watching it. Nor will it change any criticism this film might have. :)

Man I sound like a star wars hater reading this another time. Soooo not the way I wanted to come across :confused:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I will start with saying that I really enjoyed the Hunger Games books. I would say Mockingjay Part One stunk. It should have not have been Peter Jacksoned. Actually worse than Peter Jacksoned. Because they awkwardly stretched boring scenes to fill two movies and truncated the exciting fight scenes.

I am planning to not see Part Two in the theaters till it goes to cheaper playback theater or goes to streaming just on general principle because I am unhappy with what they did.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The strength of the Star Wars opening weekend box office sales will be the diverse age range to which it appeals. The Star Wars universe is very much vibrant and relevant today through tv, video games, toys, books, etc. A great deal of this appeal is directed at today's youth. Add to that the appeal it garners from the older generations and the result is a much larger franchise than Jurassic Park could ever hope to be. Opening weekend records are pretty much guaranteed, and overall records will depend on the quality of the film.

I will be accepting apologies in December! ;)

10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I do not have anything against Star Wars really, I just think they are overdoing it, I got a bit tired or hearing about Star Wars when they announced Star Wars Battlefront.

I don't know, I have never seen any Star Wars movie, so I won't say anything about if they are good or not, but I can give an outsiders look, and to me it seems that they are milking the franchise way too much. Like Final Fantasy or COD. That doesn't mean that they cannot be great games, movies, etc. But you can only take so much at one time.
    What's it called Fatigue?

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
    How come?

Slanputin and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  12. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

I don't know actually, my older sister have wanted me to see Star Wars for a long time, it have just not really happened.

And honestly, I, for the most part, enjoy Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks movies, such as How To Train Your Dragon, and the occasional action/adventure (and gladly Fantasy) movie, like James Cameron's Avatar or Jurassic World.

13. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Inflation is the real reason that we get a new "record-breaker" every year. It'd be interesting to scale the Jurassic World 2015 numbers to those of Jurassic Park in 1993. And then take that and compare it to Return of the Jedi from 1983.

Take everything and scale it to 2015 to make it easier maybe.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That is definitely true. Although, even if you scale for inflation you wouldn't have a fully even contest. There are more theaters today than in the past (and probably more seats per theater too).

15. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

The thing is that most record breakings are fairly random and a mix of timing and a little bit of luck. When it comes to Star Wars, I'll say it's a great franchise, however so are Jurassic Park and Marvel (Especially in recent time) and they came out in block buster calendar spots, that traditionally gives a better pay off. So far summer and spring, according to statistics, just beats the winter months films releases.
    Star Wars might break this trend, we'll see ;)

And I might also have to find my old hat to eat :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  16. William Jackson
    Skink

William Jackson Member

High five Nithbringer, Star Wars is the best thing that happened to the human race!

Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

FINALLY A KINDRED SPIRIT WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!

:):):):):)

Warden likes this.
  18. William Jackson
    Skink

William Jackson Member

That's what I'm talking about!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

William Jackson likes this.
  20. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

We are numerous but we stay hidden in the shadow so not to draw attention from the sith.