1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog The Golden Boys and Other Hobby Stuff

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Slannta's Little Helper, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

That is an extremely well-converted model, and a lifelike recreation of Mr. Hitler. He started out as a private in the German army in the First World War (which was probably the cause of his subsequent madness), and he'd probably be in his element in the 40K universe, although he'd probably have the spoken language changed from Latin to German to suit his 'Germans being the masters of the world/galaxy' agenda.

It's pretty stupid to see people get so worked up over a simple plastic model for a game that is set in an alternative Milky Way pretty much ruled by Nazis (well, actually space Romans but the Romans had similar attitudes to the Nazis). Funnily enough those people who are so scared of Nazism don't bat an eyelid at Communism, which is just as evil. Stalin murdered almost as many people in the Second World War as Hitler did, and the rumours of the goings-on in Communist China are unlikely to be simple gossip. Certainly that's a much bigger threat to the world in the present day, and even as recently as the 60s and 70s people were concerned about it, but the latest generation of left-wing obsessives are too ignorant to investigate the dark side of their movement.

At least here in Britain we decided not to have any of that bilge in the most recent General Election.

[​IMG]

Funny isn't it? That's probably one of the reasons why I play as the alien races - it could be seen as a mercy killing if the humans in 40K were devoured by Tyranids, beaten to death by Orks or enslaved by Necrons ;)

2. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

A little off topic but thought you might like some fluffy cat pictures
    upload_2020-5-29_13-25-27.jpeg Adolf Kitler
    upload_2020-5-29_13-26-18.jpeg Meowseph Stalin

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

4. skinkyone
    Chameleon Skink

skinkyone Active Member

Why put politics into the Hobby, you say lefties are ignorant, look at the tactics employeed by the right and see where they came from. Luckily in Britain we have got rid of the left wing nutter but are left with the right wing one

5. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

Slannta's Little Helper Well-Known Member

Anyone own a Vindicator model? can get me measurements on it, length height and width :D please.

6. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230418112607.jpg IMG20230418112612.jpg IMG20230418112618.jpg

Got some editions to this army painted by @Deed525 and a custom sculpt in there too from him :)

Just found out about this ship
    HUGE 45 Inch Sophie's Revenge Pirate Ship 25mm
    ()

I have to have it :D

7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Very nice work on those gobbos!

A pirate orc/goblin crew would look great and naturally they need a pirate ship too.

8. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230517115812.jpg

So now I have a boat xD ... gonna need a bigger display case 45 inches long. Not looked in the box yet just arrived not too long ago it's a long model for sure.

9. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230522133330.jpg IMG20230522133337.jpg IMG20230522133341.jpg IMG20230522133351.jpg IMG20230522133524.jpg
    Had a little see how my pirates fit on the ship all the crew on one ship feels so nice. Most of them are now below deck but some of the taller ones have to sit above deck still I'll put the box over to stop dust build up while I work out how I'm gonna get a display case big enough.

10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Oh wow! I didnt get a sense of just how big that ship was going to be until I see it with all the minis on it.

How heavy is that thing!?

11. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

Hmm I've not weighed it and need to attach some bits and the masts are magnetized so still more to add but I need to think of a way to display it without it gathering dust so I've just put the box back over it for now. the hull comes off though so I can put the cannons it came with etc below deck it slots itself in nicley might toy with magnetizing it as a long term project. I got to work on my custodes too I'm trying to get my life in a place where I can actually work on the hobbies

It's 45 Inches across it's really a beast of model for any pirate army but due to scaling the smaller orcs/goblins I think work well on it not sure how humans will look.

12. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230527071425.jpg IMG20230527071431_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Built my Contemptor-archillus Dreadnought and Contemptor-galatus Dreadnaught.

I have a little conversion planned for the archilus one so have left his spear off. My custodes army needs a lot of work but slowly putting them together. (Background are my two venerable land raiders and my ventatari just chilling)

Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  13. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230527151315_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    This is the upgrade I'm working on it's not much but adding more "tanks" and pipes to his flamer hands so he can look more gassed up for burning things. Small conversion while I sort my other custodes out.

Explodingzeb, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  14. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

15. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230527194250_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    I had built these Contemptor Dreadnoughts but had left off their arms, in all honesty these models are disappointing astheticaly in a custodes army, it looks like these models as well as the venerable land raiders are just the same models as other armies, feels like a money grab from the Games workshop folks. In any case I cut their arms so they can akimbo their load out one has dual hands with I think combi bolters? And the other I've given dual flame throwers for the lols.

They're fully assembled but I'm going to source parts to make them more unique and befitting my amassing army.

Imrahil likes this.
  16. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230530004111.jpg
    Spent my day assembling 20 vigilators for the sister of silence side of my custodes army, never again, they're so annoyingly fiddly, the instructions booklet wasn't so clear and in fairness I didn't use it to start with so partly my fault. I had intended on giving them different weapons However the kits are terrible for customisation, I've done my best to vary their poses and given them unique heads as I didn't like the original heads.

These will need a lot more work to greenstuff the gaps I've left and need to either duplicate some heads or get new ones 17/20 unique heads though not bad :).

They've defeated me tonight though...

Imrahil, JTSleep and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  17. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

IMG20230601144452.jpg
    That's two rhinos built or partially built depending how you look at it, left a lot off for customisation later down the line but they're tank like shapes for now :)

Imrahil, JTSleep and Explodingzeb like this.
  18. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

350384008_1002725071138848_792073861261818027_n.jpg
    Valerian & Aleya Built - didn't like their heads so will source them some other heads.

19. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

351490754_1011323400245284_2404149597548859876_n.jpg
    3/9 bikes done can anyone spot the mistake I made? I've left the missiles/weapons of the front on purposes my first unit has all rockets. This ones gonna have them empty as like vents :). Still missing some key units from my main army so it's a work in progress you can find my army list on my link in my signature. (I'll show my original bikes soon and you can see just how wrong I made them up the first time I tried these. In fairness though I like this kit for assembly. Right off the glue the other 6...

20. Slannta's Little Helper
    Kroxigor

351485109_763722938628576_1229494371412704630_n.jpg
    9/9 Done probably need to buy another box of these since I only have 19 total so I want to complete the second unit and have some captain converts.