1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien VS Predator

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I’ve just watched the film and it was excellent I felt, and I remember there was a wargame of it. I’ve looked it up and found Prodos Games is starting to produce its second edition. Has anyone else played it, and if so what’s it like? I’ve seen the miniatures and they look great, not to mention the box art...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Captaniser and Warden like this.
  2. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Following this thread, 'cause I'm really interested in it!
    I can't contribute further, though, sorry!!!

(By the way, the movie was cool indeed, but never had the opportunity to see the sequel... I guess it wasn't as cool as the first episode, right? Fast question, I don't want to derail this topic!)

3. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Agreed, I really like going to this place for reviews. It is very useful, you can learn a lot about almost every game out there.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Here's a review for the 2nd Edition that I found on BoardGameGeek and on the following site:
    http://www.nerdly.co.uk/2017/07/27/aliens-vs-predator-the-hunt-begins-2nd-edition-board-game-review/

The strong and weak points of the game are covered as well as some great shots of the game being played - it certainly looks great fun!

Also I've found the minis included are 32mm, not that much bigger than the 'heroic 28mm' minis produced by GW - some possible Warhammer compatibility perhaps? My 3rd Edition hive tyrant with four scything talons would certainly make a great Alien Queen figure for the game.

I can't answer that for you yet because I've only just seen the first one!

Warden and Freddy25 like this.
  6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

There’s a thread about it from the grumblers on DakkaDakka:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/7920/556916.page

According to them Prodos’ customer Service was originally terrible but has improved, although we should take this with some salt. Looks like I got interested in it at about the right time...

Crowsfoot likes this.