1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Alternate Cold Ones

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by popsghostly, Oct 9, 2019.

1. popsghostly
    Skink

popsghostly Member

Just A Skink and Dr.Doom like this.
  2. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

I would love to see some pictures when you get them

ILKAIN likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

At the very least GW could hook us up with the DE drakespawn model... sigh

4. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Amazons on dinos is a neat spin-off of GW Lizardmen. Most of our classic units are there, but in the guise of badass warrior babes, cobras for salamanders/razordons, and apes for kroxigors. I'll be very interested to see if the raptor mounts come without the riders attached. They look like decent alternative cold ones.

To digress...
    I know I'm just complaining about something over which I have no control, but here is yet another interesting looking alternative to our lizards. Although each of the kickstarter versions are blatantly influenced by GW, they still offer a few slightly new designs. One of the kickstarters had quad-winged flyers. I thought was interesting, because it gave those units a more "alien/creature" appearance that could have helped Seraphon match the more fantastic look of AoS. Likewise, this kickstarter has feathered serpents/dinos. Again, this is an idea that I think could have worked for Seraphon to update them in AoS (playing off the "celestial lizards from the heavens" vibe they have going now). I feel that the longer GW waits the more good ideas get designed by someone else. Eventually, GW may be the copiers.

ILKAIN, ChapterAquila92 and Dr.Doom like this.
  5. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Lol GW has always been copiers. The only difference between any other mini company and them is they pretend to get all offended and claim intellectual property when someone else does it. They finally got called on it which is part of what killed fantasy so they could make new IP with their trademark silly names.