1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate terradon figure conversions WIP

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by wappellious, Aug 17, 2009.

1. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Here is one of 8 converted terradon figures that were made by combining some GW skinks and I-Kore Viridian teradactals.

I-Kore went out of business once or twice o_O They had all sorts of dinosaur riding guys who looked like Catachans. I was desperate to get my flocks going right away, so I used these as a start.

Right now I am scratch sculpting a bunch of new terradons (yes, pictures at some point ;) ), out of the same Apoxy sculpt I used for the stegadons.

My ultimate goal is to have 30 of them. Demons don't like to get pooped on by lots of terries! :walkingdead:

This is an image of one that is about 70% painted :

TerradonbraveMultiviewR.jpg

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Hmm, nice stuff. They look a little too demonic for my tastes, but still really excellently painted! :D

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah it is a somewhat evil looking mount, but still looks really cool. And anything beats the GW ones. :)

4. ille
    Skink

ille New Member

Once agian, AWESOME!

5. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

YOU ARE A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE TEACH ME IN YOUR WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

I do have a step by step set of images I am hoping to post soon. I did a six step painting demo prop for Adepticon this year, which had the same saurus warrior shown in various stages of the painting process.

I will take some pictures of them and post that here.

My painting techniques change a creat deal over time, since so many figures are being painted. It sometimes changes drastically when a new material is introduced, etc. That happend back in March of this year.

The basic philosophy is to start lighter and shade/tint darker. I am a watercolorist by training, so that was only a natural progression for me. ;)