1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An economical way to convert saurus knights?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by zaheen47, Dec 29, 2016.

1. zaheen47
    Jungle Swarm

zaheen47 New Member

I absolutely detest our plastic cold ones. They look so derpy. What is the most cost effective way of converting the models by swapping the mounts? The most obvious conversion is the Dark Elves version, but I'll have to buy two boxes of DE knights to convert one unit (from the start collecting box). Are there cheaper alternatives?

Even the old plastic (2000s godzilla version) cold ones look better, so maybe these are an option?
    These look very nice too but I am not sure about the size, they might be a little small- http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/raptor/sku-down/03021

2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like the overall design of the plastic cold-ones, except the faces... they do look rather stupid. Granted that is the rules, but the designers of the models didn't need to take it so literally.

A cheap way may be to get a bunch of dark-elf cold-oneheads from a bits store and just replace them on the current bodies? Not sure how that will match up though, I haven't tried it myself. The dark elf cold ones are expensive...

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Which cold ones have received the nomination for "derpy"?