1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Any favorable matchups?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Random Lizard, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

As the title says, are there any favorable matchups for seraphon right now? I've yet to see one (my playgroup is seraphon(me), flesh-eater, slaanesh, nagash and idoneth eel spam).

Erta Wanderer and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Seraphon stand a good chance against everything just because of the amount of flexibility within our army. Generally speaking we do best vs elite armies or slow moving armies. Idoneth and Flesh-Eater Courts are rough match ups for everyone. Focus on objectives and consider using Ignax's Scales on your Slann to counter Biovaltic Shock. Carno's w/Doppelganger's Cloak and Shaowstrike Starhost are very effective vs Gristlegore. Slaanesh can be easily out played on table state. Bide your time with your Shadowstrike and don't drop rippers next to KoS. Alternatively Thunderquake should wreck Slaanesh.

Random Lizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

we do well against ko they like to keep people at range and we close very fast. we can use sylvaneth wild woods against them if dricha is involved nothing like not being able to shoot becouse the dinosaurs are hiding behind your own trees.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

Thunderquake has been my best bet in most cases (they all believe it to be way too strong but then again in their mind, carnosaur's bloodroar is the most broken thing ever)

We don't use malign sorcery rules (except the endless spells) so no realm artefacts.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well thunder quake is good at killing things but it lacks the bodies to play objectives and can be steam rolled by anything that has punch. i have the same problem at my store.

Random Lizard and LizardWizard like this.