1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Any info about AoS Skirmish?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Freddy25, May 17, 2017.

1. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Hi everybody!
    I've heard this afternoon GW has posted a video to show a bit of what is this AoS Skirmish and how it plays...

Well, I was at work and now it's impossible for me to watch that stream cause it asks for a subscription I would like to avoid!
    Can anyone please tell me (us!) what has happened and what has been shown, or pass me a link in which I can find some more infos?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't got the possibility to see that video.
    Any piece of information would be appreciated: how big are the warbands? How different is from the standard AoS?

I'm really curious!!! :D

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Seraphage, Iskander and Bowser like this.
  2. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

3. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

It's a skirmish game. It involves AoS miniatures. It has not been released yet. Need any more info?

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  4. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks awesome!

6. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Bowser and Iskander like this.
  7. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

I honestly have no idea if it is what people say nowadays (English is not my native language), so as long as I can understand you, you can say what you prefer! :joyful:

Thanks a lot for the links, they were super-useful, particularly the last one.

I have to say this AoS Skirmish sounds interesting, and the low price is a big plus, but there are some things I am doubtful about:
    - the use of standard AoS warscolls is nice, cause it's simple and free, but this means a lot of our warband members will be really squishy. I mean, a part from the Hero, the majority of the other models will have only one Wound :bookworm:
    - there is some sort of progression (equipment, renown points, ...) but I don't see a proper warband "evolution". This way seems simpler, but it would have been wonderful to see your little skink evolve one day into a Skink (Star)Priest, or a Chief, or a Starseer!

A part from this, I'm really interested to hear more...

Do we know when this game/mode will be released? I don't remember seeing a release date in @Iskander 's links

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

9. Flutterbat
    Skink

Flutterbat Member

Would be nice if they'd release a Seraphon "warband" pack. BUT the four "rumored" ones are Stormcast, Khorne, Ironjawz, and Flesh Eater Courts...which cover the four grand alliances...which sadly means that might be all they release. At least we'll get rules for sure, unlike the unfortunate compendium armies.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I honestly doubt that GW will let a chance of producing more products that people will love go away. I expect more hero packs like happened with Silver Tower soon !

Bowser likes this.
  11. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Book up for pre-order this weekend, only £6... But there's also a box set coming with terrain and stuff, my poor wallet...

12. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Not yet, despite I've remotely heard something... I'll take a look at it as soon as I come home from work!
    Yeah, but maybe it could be useful only for absolute beginners who don't possess any Seraphon model and want to play AoSkirmish... or am I missing something, and in these packs there's more than just a few miniatures?
    Looking forward to this. After all it is a matter of a couple of days from today :)

13. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Actually, Sam James was the guy they had playing Skirmish with the GW guy on Warhammer Live :) I know, I know, GW interacting with a fan who made a cool thing and not simultaneously suing their face off for it? What a weird world we live in now :D

If you dig a little deeper in to the second link I posted, Sam (under his TGA handle "Bottle") talks about similarities and differences between his system and theirs. Seems like he really likes their system, but will also continue to develop Hinterlands in time.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I like that GW was able to take inspiration from a fan pack, and that fan can still develop his system. Really great time for the game.

15. Flutterbat
    Skink

Flutterbat Member

I haven't seen any specifics on what could be in those new little bundles, but judging by the name for the Ironjawz one (Weirdnob Warband), and what's been revealed of the rules for making a warband (1 hero plus rank and file) I suspect they'll just have a hero and some battleline and maybe one more thing.

Still, might be useful for me depending on what ends up being in there since I'm still getting started and don't own much of the Seraphon line yet. They might also be excellent kits for enticing friends to get into the game--I'm sure most of us have had trouble trying to convince friends to get into what's perceived as an expensive hobby.

Bowser likes this.
  16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

It's way easier to get into now than it used to be, and this bundle just helps that along. And who doesn't want more models?

Ritual likes this.
  17. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

My wife...

18. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

And mine!

In fact I keep getting told to move out which is starting to get appealing.......

19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Touchè

Aginor likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Somehow what I heard until now kinda fails to impress me.
    I don't know what I had expected though. We'll see how it looks when we have more info I guess.

Bowser likes this.