1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Applications for Chameleon Skinks?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by darren watson, Feb 23, 2018.

1. darren watson
    Kroxigor

darren watson Well-Known Member

I'm going to my 1st AOS team event next weekend, Bloodtithe and taking Chameleon Skinks competitively for the first time.
    I wanna know they are too expensive 1st hand, rather than just assume that's the case

What uses and tricks/success stories do you chaps have to inspire me to greatness?

From a couple of club games I've had this year I've thought of these uses..

Finish of characters my Kroaknado has left vulnerable (excellent against Bonesplitterz)

Place where your Slyvsneth opponent plans to place his Wyldwood to stop the early spread

Place under Kroak after he's gone up on his vortex, they are now in a combat free zone

Come up base to base with a shooting unit to stop them moving and shooting, they'll likely not kill you being weak in combat and can't move unless they're retreating

Deploy on an enemies balewind and blat them off it, then gain the cover save \○/

Obviously late game grab objectives!

Anything else I'm missing ? Go!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am not sure that works. I tend to say it doesn't...

3. darren watson
    Kroxigor

When they deploy it counts as a set up, you can't move within 3" but you can set up there

You can set up on an enemies balewind and shoot a gaunt summoner to bits, then get the cover save

Legit

Wazz likes this.
  4. metallicafan14
    Jungle Swarm

metallicafan14 New Member

I think chameleon skinks work wonders for me when I use them as a part of a heavy deepstriker list.

We have shadowstrike, steggie with teleport (alpha movement), Celestant Prime, add the Chamo skinks for extra pressure.

In my experience playing the above the skinks have the advantage of dropping into combat so when I play deathball armies like the SCE I use the skins to engage into base to base with the unit I dont want to engage into pile in with another unit in that combat so w/e if those skinks die, they had a shooting phase and their deathball is screwed between what I mentioned above.

darren watson likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Oh dear. That's surely not intended and it smells mighty cheesy.... but you are the tournament player so I believe you when you say it is legit.

Wazz likes this.
  6. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Why do you think they'e 120 points, I'd agree it was cheesy if they were cheaper!

A balewind is just a piece of scenery

You'l thank me the next time you play a Gaunt Summoner thinking he' safe

Wazz, Paul Beenis and Aginor like this.
  7. Paul Beenis
    Cold One

Paul Beenis Active Member

I think even on a psychological level chameleons are brilliant. Having a unit that can drop anywhere and is still shooty is so invaluable, and the opponent won't know where they will be dropping.

They are an ace up your sleeve I think, that said dropping too many points on lots of them may be a waste. You have to compare them to teleporting a block of 40 skinks with blowpipes and bucklers. Would 10 chameleons for 40 points more achieve as much/more? It does allow crazy mobility and frees up your teleport for other things while still being able to snipe hmmm

Wazz and darren watson like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

I also think that's actually their best effect. They force the enemy to keep their stuff together, especially vulnerable units.

darren watson likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

we had this discussion before, the conclusion was that chameleon's could indeed do that as it says nothing about "moving" they just sorta show up. Though to be honest, defensivly it's not a briljant tactic, they're not long ranged enough to be great. Offensivly it has more potential, especially against that gaunt summoner :p

darren watson, Wazz and Aginor like this.
  10. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I'm about to lose some friends...... Lol
    I like to use them as part of a heavy deepstrike list as well,have them soften up a big monster or snipe out the support and then unleash the rippers! Bonus points if you "Cackle fly my pretties!" 2 units of them and a bloat toad will freak anyone out.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Aginor and darren watson like this.