1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Are there any competetive lists without EotG?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Nart, May 15, 2019.

1. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Stegadon kit is webstore exclusive almost for a year now, so I cannot get one. So, all that I already have/can buy are contents of Start Collecting box, new battleforce and temple guard. I have slann too and can get conversion material for razordons/salamanders. The next large tournament is coming in autumn, so I want to be prepared. Can you, please, advise some competitive list without EotG? I am looking at dracotion's tail with shadowstrike or thunderquake starhost with trogg.

Something like this maybe?

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Ignax's Scales
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    - Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
    Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

Units
    4 x Razordons (160)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Troglodon (160)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Endless Spells
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 120

Or I can drop cogs and skinks to fit scarvet on carno, or skinks, cogs and bwv for oldblood.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I have played a Thunderquake without EotG numerous times, it works. But yeah, the EotG is better.

Looking at your list....
    In fact I have played that exact one a few times and I _think_ I haven't lost a game yet playing that.
    I have to note though that I am rarely playing super competitive, I don't go to tournaments usually.

The other obvious answer to your question is a Shadowstrike I think, maybe in a Dracothions Tail.

Either go all in and try to crush your enemy in the first turn, or go in with the Rippers or Terradons early to hurt and bind enemy troops and then claim objectives with loads of Skinks. All that should give you enough time to summon and summon and summon some more to retain board control.

LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  3. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Your list is a good alternative to the classic EotG based Thunder, and would be my second choice for semi-competitive play (meaning, not tournament but still competitive, against meta armies with good lists)
    Just play it safe, shoot and summon. Turtle your core scary units and skink the table up for the objectives.

Dracothion at 2k could be more effective if you were REALLY into the game and knew all the battleplans and enemy army mechanics.
    Shadowstrkie loses part of its appeal with high point games as it gets harder to significantly hamper your opponent's straqtegy without exposing yourself too much.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

If you check out the AoS list thread in my signature there is my DT/SS list and a Q&A related to it. The list does require strong game knowledge to use, but I haven't come close to losing with it yet. Most of the people I play against at events are in the Top 15 ITC players for the states.

Nart and GuaDan like this.