1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Army building, beginner questions

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by LeanderAT, Sep 19, 2017.

1. LeanderAT
    Skink

LeanderAT Member

Hello!

I've only played one Warhammer game with Dwarves (Battle for Skull Pass army) years ago.
    Now I want to play with my Lizardmen.

1) Is it true that there is no fixed number how many units you need (core, rare ones, heroes) etc. in WHFB 8th edition but a percentage? 25%+ core, up to 50% elite etc.?

How can I play my Slann AND Groq-Gar? Is it only possible in huge battles?

2) If I use the Slann, I could use the Groq-Gar model (Grymlok in this case) as a mount for any other hero right?

I have no clue how heroes are placed...do they run around and fight on their own? Are the part of a unit? For example, is a Skink Priest a single model all alone or can I put him on a Stegadon? On Grymlok? In a Saurus Warriors unit? In a cavalry unit?

Who is my Slann? Can I play him as a normal Slann AND also as Mazdamundi? Lord Kroak? I know Kroak as a unique mini but what about Madzamundi?

3) How can I use my units wisely?

a) Slann
    b) Groq-Gar on Grymlok
    c) Old Blood (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99070208001_SaurusOldbloodNEW01.jpg) ... his base is bigger than a Saurus base so how can I use him but all alone?
    d) 2 Stegadons
    e) 1 Skink Starpriest (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99070208003_SkinkStarpriest01.jpg)
    f) 3 Kroxigors
    e) Saurus Warriors, Skinks, Cavalry

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

hardyworld likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Oh I got a Hardy seal of approval. :)

4. LeanderAT
    Skink

LeanderAT Member

Thank you very much!

I wasn't clear enough how I mean "How can I use my units wisely?". I wanted to ask how I can mix my units with heroes. I did not mean general tactics for units but in what units a hero/priest etc. can be put...like "Can you put an Old Blood on a Stegadon? On a Carnosaur?" etc.

What, if I have a unit with champion, standard bearer and musician...can I add a hero there? Does it replace the champion?

I think it's better to read the rules before asking many dumb noob questions. :D

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Ok. it sounds like you don't have and of the books yet.... :meh:

"Can you put an Old Blood on a Stegadon? NO

On a Carnosaur?" yes

What, if I have a unit with champion, standard bearer and musician...can I add a hero there? Yes

Does it replace the champion? NO

All mount options are mentioned in the book.

Saurus heros can ride Cold ones and Carnasaurs.
    regular Saurus can ride cold ones.

skinks priest can ride engine of the gods equiped stagadons.
    skink chiefs can ride the other stegadons, and terradons.

6. LeanderAT
    Skink

LeanderAT Member

Thanks!