1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Army ideas?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by skipperyoss, Mar 5, 2017.

1. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

So up until recently my lizards have been fairly lacking.... until now! I recently was able to purchase, Which is I haven't been around! Been playing a lot of 40k as Grey Knights and ironically Khorne Daemonkin. Anyway, on to my purchases

1 Slann
    1 Starseer
    1 Starpriest
    1 Priest
    1 Skink Chief
    1 Oldblood on Carno (bleh)
    60 Warriors
    40 Skinks
    10 Knights
    1 Oldblood on Foot

Adding this on to my forces consisting of
    12 Warriors
    7 Knights
    20 Skinks (I proxy them as Chams)
    1 Oldblood on Carno (bleh)
    1 Starpriest
    1 Priest (Proxy model from Skinks, same with my skink chief)
    1 Sunblood
    1 Scarvet on Cold One

Wondering what to run them with, I can pick up a Bastiladon for cheap at my local hobby store and they are an incredible value and probably one of the best monsters in the game. However the downside there is I have an Imperial Knight I'd like painted and the commission to get it painted like a Grey Knight is 40 bucks so I'm torn.

Currently I plan on running the Firelance Starhost, and I know 30 warriors are better than 3 units of 10 in most games having a giant blob of infantry is pretty worthless for objectives, so I have been contemplating running the Warrior one with the Sunblood for objectives. Anyway other than the bastiladon, any ideas? I don't really like Skinks they don't really seem very good from what I've read and I already have a horde of Saurus Warriors (which I will proxy as Guard of meeded)

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would use the second bleh as a scar-vet on carno and look into some bloodclaw options. Or even running a sunclaw and a firelance, but I think the bloodclaw is more worthwhile. I would definitely pick up the bastiladon or two if you can get a good deal on them.

3. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

I can get the bastiladon for about 20% off (so 12 bucks off), again I have so many warriors I could run a sunclaw and have a 30 saurus blob of warriors and still have 10 left over to proxy as guard.

Is the bloodclaw that great? Getting multiple command abilities is nice but the problem I've noticed with Seraphon is that the abilities are either Saurus or Skink, never Seraphon. Do formations stack? Ala a Sunclaw within a Bloodclaw would I get +2 jaw attacks or is that just wishful thinking.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Mot really , you still need to make the requirements of both, wgich you can do but you can't just take 30 warriors and say they are for both. You would need 3 units of warriors for the sunclaw and 3 units of knights, guard, or warriors for the bloodclaw. And your sunblood would be for your sunclaw, but you can make him the general tobhave 5 command abilities.