1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Articles to print in 3D - Lizardmen / Seraphon

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Ge32, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Krogmonster Active Member

I am not sure about the scale of the salamander. It seems a tad small. I may wait until the GW salamander I bought comes in the mail, so that I can compare the two and size it accordingly. Unless someone here has one that they can measure accurately?

Attached Files:

Ge32 likes this.
  2. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I also might thicken up the spine on the back, it doesn’t like to print well, and I could simply duplicate it and make it thicker.

3. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I have seen that, and it’s a decent proxy. But it’s a little hastily made, and the spikes have little definition. So I’m working on my own. Using the same base file as that one, but replacing the head and importing bony spikes to use around the model.

Ge32 likes this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The actual salamander is about 8 cm long from head to tail and about 3 cm tall (including the base, so like 2.8 without base).

Also, that's 3.14" and 1.18" high in case you prefer those awkward numbers ;)

Aginor and Ge32 like this.
  5. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

Genius!
    It is a good team work!

I had to do the same to do the stegadon Howdahs.
    Until the original pieces arrived and I could continue on my own.

Canas likes this.
  6. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Enlarged the Salamander slightly and remixed the prowling drake into a salamander as well. Updated in the thingiverse link.

Ge32 likes this.
  7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

IMG_20190807_184605.jpg IMG_20190807_184608.jpg IMG_20190807_184612.jpg this is a Slann starmaster I 3d printed with my new Resin printer. If anyone would like to order something similar (including this same pattern) please let me know. I can sell things like this for very cheap compared to the actual model.

Ge32 and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  8. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Which printer do you have? I printed this one on my Ender 3 Pro FDM printer.

Attached Files:

Ge32 and DeathBringer125 like this.
  9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I have the Anycubic Photon S. Btw I will say it looks worse in the picture since it is clear resin. You can't see detail much. on his face,when it's primed I could send another pic and it would look much better. Plus that was printed at .05 mm layer height but I could do less than .01 if I wanted. This printer can do insane details lol. In printer terms it can do less then 10 micron tall layers (one micron = .001mm) . However it isn't worth it as it already is so smooth you would have to use a magnifying glass to see the layers lol.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  10. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Yeah ive seen stuff from resin printers, its pretty legit. I will probably get a resin printer eventually. But for now the Ender 3 suits my needs pretty well!

BTW The Dread Saurian is under way, remixing it from an Indominous Rex model.

11. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Ge32 likes this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

How bad is the smell and cleaning the thing?
    That's the two main things that prevented me from getting a liquid resin printer.

Precision wise those printers are pretty awesome.

DeathBringer125 likes this.
  13. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

the Photon S has a dual charcoal air filter which helps with the smell. Honestly I was shocked because I had expected way more work and post processing than it needed. You do want to wear gloves, eyeglasses, and a breathing mask though when working with the resin since it is quite toxic. But smell wise I put a window vent fan in my window and I just leave that running and you can only smell it when you are right up near it. And cleaning is pretty simple you just have to know to be careful with the resin. I just remove the build plate, remove the model and place it into 99% isopropyl alcohol, take a paper towel and wipe off the scraper, then use a paper towel to wipe off the build plate then put it back in and I'm done (cleaning wise), then I use tongs to swish the model in the alcohol, then I put it one a paper plate and set it out back for like 15 minutes (rotating it 2 or more times) and it's cured and ready.

Aginor likes this.
  14. Krogmonster
    Saurus

15. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I could attempt this yeah, I’ve already started to try and make the large weapons for them actually. These are good base files to work from. I can start this after I finish the Dread Saurian.

Bonus: some progress shots of the DS itself. Gonna be a beast to print.

Attached Files:

Ge32 likes this.
  16. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I am planning several variant options for the Dread Saurian.
    I will have 3 variants for the body.
    1 normal with spikes back
    1 carrying an engine of the Gods on a howadah (space for skinks as well)
    1 carrying my modified solar engine/crystal cannon.

I will also have the entire model done up with and without armor plating.

Are there any other options people would like to see?

Dillon W. likes this.
  17. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Im planning on using a series of gyroscopic and ring maze type things to get the gyroscopic engine of the Gods design seen in an earlier image in this thread by the way, but I could have the howadah available to put a normal EOTG on as well.

Dillon W. likes this.
  18. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Hey so I’ve got an old metal Slann, and the one I just printed. The one I printed is substantially larger, does someone have a size comparison they can do between the metal Slann model and the resin Slann? I’m including a side by side of the metal and my print.

Attached Files:

19. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

The way I measured out that model (I'm guessing you used the one on Thingiverse) was like 65mm from side to side (from one of the side spikes to the other if your looking directly at the Slann). I can double check my measurement (it was either 65 or 55mm)

20. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Hm. for some reason the Slann i printed was quite a bit oversized. Idk why. Gonna print it and Lord Kroak at the appropriate size. But in the meantime i have a giant slann...

DeathBringer125 likes this.