1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS As promised, the comic of my very first Warhammer match

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

A while ago I posted how my very first match went down, and promised I'd commission a comic about it: http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...i-destroyed-him-and-then-we-had-a-talk.18347/ I gave the artist a bit of freedom with everything, and asked her to make the comic based on the story surrounding it. Well shefinally finished it, and as promised you can view the comic here :)

http://nielspeterdejong.tumblr.com/post/152949016223/so-me-and-my-little-brother-have-picked-up

Ever since I had adjusted my army a little bit to make it easier on him, but I got destroyed both times. Since its difficult to win against a 150+ army with 5 attacks each. Especially after he threw in some bloodletters. Even though the last match my opponent (a friend of the first guy, he’s more chill) did mention how I should have moved backwards (which he was correct in, I should have adapted more) and instead of trying to take out my Hellcanon, should have just “accepted it” and focused on his huge stacks of units. Honestly, I feel that with his army there is very little tactical skill on his part. All he has to do is chill in the back with his Hell canon, and then just buff all his units and charge them in mindlessly. And then remark with glee how awesome Chaos is. He did have a hero that could pull back other of my units, but still it was ridiculous how strong and simple his army was. The guy isn't bad though, he was a pretty chill dude, but I do feel that with such an army he should not have complained about mine being "overpowered" before. Oh well, at the very least it made for a interesting comic :)

Next time in our rematch, I’m going to bring a Eternal Starhost and a Heavenwatch starhost with 3 Bastiladon :) And bring a unit of 5 chameleon skinks to take out the 3 dwarves commanding his hellcanon, forcing it to attack me. Even though he will mostly likely start complaining again how my army is so “unfair” again ^^;

Anyhow, I hope you guys all like the comic. And a big thanks to everyone who has commented and helped me on this forum. This has definately been one of the better forums I have been a part of :)

Ritual, Bracnos, N1nj4 and 9 others like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The blood reavers with heart eyes cracked me up! that was an awesome comic! Your friend has a lot of talent!

Ritual likes this.
  3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

I will pass it on to her :) She always loves to hear her work is appreciated. If anyone wants to commission her as well (she could always use the support) then you can find her here: https://goobermation.tumblr.com/

Ritual, Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  4. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

This is amazing! I love the depictions of you and your opponent as generals of your respective armies- I may have to commission a game or two from her myself.

Please pass along our feedback, this so good!

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Brilliant :spiderman:

6. Kor-Lot-Ko
    Skink

Kor-Lot-Ko Member

Great Comic! I love the style, and of course that chaos got slaughtered.

7. Duinila
    Saurus

Duinila Member

Very cool! Good job :D

Ritual likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Poor hellcannon!

Awesome work.

Ritual likes this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

So lovellllyyyyy and cuuuuute. :D

Bowser likes this.
  10. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

Hahaha love it! You should do more of these!:spiderman:

11. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Love that comic! Also the statement of the Chaos general at the end... Really cool stuff all that!

12. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

Thanks for sharing the comic. Much enjoyable :D I read through the comic first and then the backstory and then back to the comic :D

13. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I'm happy you all liked it! :D (and sorry for the late reply ;p). I passed the praise on to her, and again if anyone is interested I believe she is still open for commissions :)

Bowser likes this.
  14. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Wow thats awesome and a great way to show a battel report...i would love to commission her some day hopefully shell be open to.it ^_^

Bowser and Ritual like this.