1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to Fantasy and My Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gary_M, May 31, 2016.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Haven't been on the forum for quite a while as my gaming group dropped 8th like a smelly brown thing and no-one has invested any time on 9th. A couple of people do play KoW but with my army just out of storage (due to building work at home) my opportunities to use our beloved scaly critters have been non-existent!
    BUT, over the weekend my son (Dark Eldar and Beastmen) suddenly said he wanted to play fantasy again.
    So, I'm back and trying to catch up on stuff I've missed.
    Trying to remember the various builds etc has been tough, but getting there.
    Not sure when we'll get a chance to play (middle of his GCSEs at the moment) but looking forward to using these again.
    It's been too long a time since they got a chance to play with the squishy ones (shouldn't say that too loud, I've only beaten him once LOL!)

Scalenex, n810, Toltecatl and 5 others like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome back and try KoW with your son it's a pretty straight forward game and GCSE's so your UK based?

Gary_M likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome back and good luck getting back in and winning a few games!

Gary_M likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome back! Sorry to hear that 8th edition dried up in your group. That is unfortunate.

Time to formulate some strategies to beat the warm-bloods.

Gary_M likes this.
  5. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Yes mate, London end of the M3 (Sunbury).
    Played KoW only once and did like it - Of course it helped that I tabled a Wood elf army, although that was with 'fan' list for Lizardmen so maybe wouldn't be the case now.

6. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Thanks - Fingers et al crossed (my last and only victory against his Dark Elves was probably due as much to luck as good play on my part - I seem to remember he should have fled from a charge but stood and paid a heavy price, but can't remember who charged whom!)

Bowser likes this.
  7. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Yes, just when I was beginning to get a half decent idea of how to play the game too!

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Just use that momentum to beat those pesky Dark Elves. They are definitely a potent army though.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Yes - I now that only too well.
    My son reminds me of it quite often - As only a teenage boy can!
    He seems to have a knack of finding an army which can destroy mine with some ease - His dark elves to my lizardmen and in 40k he's Tau against my Orks! When we play that it often feels like 1st day of the Somme, and I'm the Brits charging down the German (Tau) guns!

Jorgik, NIGHTBRINGER and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

We played the game.
    Oh dear!
    I lost the magic phases (think I got one spell off all game), movement (unsurprisingly) and most of the combat.
    It didn't go well.
    He used a cold one rider deathstar which swept all before it, although some very poor rolls on my part didn't help.
    Also, time beat us as it was getting late. My swansong in that game was the charge of the steg into the rear of the cold one deathstar.
    We didn't play it out, but there were 6 impact hits to start with.
    Worst part I tried the big white lizard (Gor rok?). I needed not to roll 2 fails out of 4 rolls on a 3+ save. I failed three. He never even got to swing! :-(
    Definitely play some more though as even though the Dark Elves are going home with new croc skin shoes it was an enjoyable game. Just had to laugh at the Dice Gods on this occassion!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Better luck next time!

Personally I think you are far better off creating your own custom Scar-Vet. 1+ armour save with a 4+ ward save go a long way.

Gary_M likes this.
  12. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I am jealous of you playing minis with your son. My dad listened politely to me talking about gaming but I could never talk him into playing minis. He did like nerdy board games like Dominion and Seven Wonders though.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.