1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Balewind Vortex and teleport.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dreamkeeper, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

Can I teleport my Slann on Balewind Vortex? My local tournament judge says that you can't because BV rules states that you can't move models on BV and teleport ability says it's counts as move for this unit. But I'm kinda confused. I can't move it and I won't gonna - I just teleport him and it will use his movement (and it's fine by me - he can't normally move because of BV).
    Can someone please clarify this?

2. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Everyone I know plays it where you can lord of space and time a slann with a vortex. It’s a placement effect that says it takes the place of that units move for the turn. Giving up or replacing your movement for the turn is not the same thing as making a movement. So it works. That’s our logic anyway.

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

as of the 08/07/19 skaven disiners commentary you can now teleport when on a bale wind as seen hear https://www.warhammer-community.com...f_sigmar_skaven_designers_commentary_en-1.pdf

derect quote Q: Does a Balewind Vortex with a Skaventide Hero atop it travel with the Hero if they use Skitterleap? A: Yes. rules that aply to one army generally aply to all armies

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard and Dreamkeeper like this.
  4. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

So teleport it is then. Thanks everyone!

5. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Be sure to print out all the relevant faqs like the one Erta mentioned before your next tournament. That will make the judge call go much more smoothly next time.

6. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Oh, that's a good advice. I will. Thanks!

7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I agree with above.

On a side, love your profile pic of Toshiro Mifune.

8. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Haha, thanks! So many wonderful samurai movies with him. But my favorite one is of course "Seven Samurai" by Akira Kurosawa - incredible movie. I can watch it endlessly and never get tired! :D

Aginor, Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  9. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Here is another answer in FAQ for Core Book, regarding Slann teleportation on BV:

Q: Some abilities allow you to remove a unit from the battlefield and set it up again, and say that this ‘counts as their move for the movement phase’ (or words to that effect). Do these units count as having made a move for the purposes of any other rules or abilities?
    A: No, it simply restricts them from making a move later on.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/...sigmar_core_rules_designers_commentary_en.pdf
    page 3/

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

oh cool this is a much better source no one can argue that it's only the rats that can do it. i would still bring both print outs.

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard and Dreamkeeper like this.
  11. Abyrn
    Skink

Abyrn Member

I would bring both, I've run into this issue before and the FAQ from the core rulebook was not enough to convince some people that the Slann can change position using teleport.

Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.