1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Basic Build Advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Just A Skink, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

One of these days, we might actually get back out to live and play in the real world. When/if that days comes I hope to get in some AoS with the updated Seraphon rules. I don't have a lot of minis at my disposal, so it will pretty much be a fluffy/for fun army, with virtually everything I own (I assume). But, I would appreciate some input to make it as decent as possible. 1000 - 1500ish points (I can't quite get to 2000).

I have 1 SC box and 1 battleforce box.
    Models: 1 oldblood/scar-vet on carno, scar-vet on CO, starpriest, converted priest/starpriest, 10 warriors, 5 knights, 20 skinks, 3 rippers, 3 terradons, 1 bastiladon.
    Models I can build: 1 oldblood/scar-vet on carno OR troglodon and oldblood/sunblood on foot. I know the general vibe on the trog is not positive, but I thought building it would give me the option of the saurus foot hero.

Would you go starborne or coalesced? FoS, Koatl, or TL? I have the minis for a Shadowstrike battalion, but is it worth it? Thanks.

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmmm your models are quite a mixed bag. I don't see how those could hold up in a competitive environment but I guess you are trying to find out what you like and how to go on, which is perfectly fine.

I would probably try and play a Shadowstrike with a Basti and the Saurus tanks and the Skinks grabbing objectives. But then that's a play style that appeals to me.
    You probably have to ask yourself: are you more of a fan of
    - magic armies
    - mobile armies
    - monsters
    - hordes
    And so on, then see where to go with the army. Many playstyles are valid.

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Just A Skink like this.
  3. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Thanks @Aginor.

True. Maybe posting in the "List" forums was a bit premature. I don't have many competitive models and I haven't played enough to truly know my playstyle. I will say, I'm not a big fan of hordes, but that's part how Seraphon plays.

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  4. King Dust
    Saurus

King Dust Well-Known Member

I have a similar set of models (though I have a Stegadon as well) here's a tweaked 1k list I've used:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek

Skink Oracle on Troglodon (260)
    Skink Starpriest (120) - General - Command Trait : Master of Star Rituals - Spell : Hand of Glory
    Saurus Olblood (110) - Celestite Warblade - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger

10 x Skinks (60) - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60) - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

3 x Terradon Riders (90) - Starstrike Javelins
    3 x Ripperdactal Riders (80)

Bastiladon (220) - Weapon : Solar Engine

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 72

I run it with a Skink Chief on Stegodon instead of the Troglodon, and a Terradon Chief instead of the Rippers, but at only 30 models, definitely not a horde list, just make sure to use parting shot a bunch, and you're missing key synergies but you'll have solid magic and can still output decent damage.

LizardWizard, Lizerd and Just A Skink like this.
  5. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Thanks @King Dust! I was thinking of FoS for my small set of random minis, and this gives me a good build option.

LizardWizard, Lizerd and King Dust like this.
  6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

If you have saurus knights, they’re a fun route to build. They hit very hard and have decent mobility, especially for their fairly low cost.

LizardWizard and Just A Skink like this.