1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Basic Units - Random Army Lists/Points

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Mordechai, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

As i was reading lots of posts in this forum...

I could assume a "base list" with a few "basic" units that no matter who is your opponent or how many points are played, this will ever be on game!!!

I´m I right?!!?

Therefore I assume will be somenthig like this:

3 - skinks units, with 10 skinks each - weapons or scout is optional
    3 Sallies
    1 Saurus Warriors, with 20 saurus - weapons, spawnings optional (?)
    1 Krox unit, with 3 krox - additional kroxs is optional

What do you think?! Can a "base list" really exists ???

cheers

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I would have to say that I don't field a base list, I don't always field Krox, Saurus warriors or salmanders. I've only once not fielded skinks so I guess Skinks would be the base unit and I may say 2 units I almost always field. Not so much 3

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Yeah, in fact any army list that I field which includes Saurus is an exception, not the rule.

4. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

Oka...

But, therefore, Skinks will always enter?

5. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

Yes, there is generally speaking no situations in which I would not take skinks (except for a seige battle perhaps). Warhammer fantasy is at its core a game won and lost in the movement phase (one could argue it is even usually decided in the deployment phase). Skinks are vital because they are the best bait and sacrifice unit, can scout, have the highest movement of any skirmishing unit, and because of poison can actually serve a role in reducing ranks before combat (something which is important with all of our high attack/low SCR choices)

6. Axolotl
    Saurus

Axolotl New Member

I have to agree, skinks are the heart of our armies. I always field at least two units, even in a 500 pt game.

but i would not write something like a "basic list", because that would take one of the things i like best about playing lizardmen away: the variability. It is really cool to try different combinations of units.

Salamanders are usually in my list as well. they are just to good to not take some. but other than that i field what i feel like that day. Except for temple guard. I just don't like those guys. they are in fact the only lizard unit that i don't even own. maybe i'll get some if they come out in plastic, but i would not field them under 3000 pts anyway, probably not under 4000.