1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Bastiladon weapons & Howdah Crew questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by latenightswords, Sep 28, 2014.

1. latenightswords
    Skink

latenightswords New Member

just a few quick (and hopefully simple) questions.

1) I couldn't find it specifying the equipment for the Skink crews anywhere, but I assumed that they're supposed to be loaded out like basic Skink Cohorts with Javelins, Hand Weapons & Shields (as opposed to Blowpipes & Hand Weapons).

2) assuming that they do have a ranged weapon (Javelin?) does the crew get to fire as normal during the Shooting Phase? at least, as long as they are not operating another weapon (Giant Bow/Blowpipe/etc.)

3) I noticed that the Stegadon's weapons specify how many of the Skink crew can fire how many of the on-board weapons, but neither of the Bastiladon's weapons had such requirements. can you fire the Ark or Engine and still have the crew all perform their Shooting attacks?

thanks!

2. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

1) see the entry in the unit army list on pages 93 and 94 under "Equipment", it indicates the crew have Lustrian Javelin and hand weapons.

2) Yes, the crew that are not busy with a howdah shooting weapon can toss their javelins but it must be the same target as the howdah weapon and normal restrictions apply (range, cover, no marching, etc.). The 1st sentence on page 45 under the Equipment, Giant Bow, entry provides the reference.

3) Since the Basillydon's stuff is activated and no specific requirement for crew is given, all crew can toss javelins.

3. latenightswords
    Skink

latenightswords New Member

oh wow... how did I totally miss that in the army list....... thanks!