1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Bastilodon or kroxigor?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Otzi'mandias, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

See, I have £30 to blow on warhammer. What should I get? If bastilodon, ark of sotek or solar engine? If kroxigor, how should I use them? Quite new to aos rules, so assume I know only the basics and take it from there.

2. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what else you have in your army, or what you're currently using in games. Kroxigor are pretty tough and can put out a lot of damage, and when SKINKS are nearby they re-roll wound rolls of 1, which is really nice. They move pretty fast too so if you find you're lacking in speed they're not a bad choice.

Bastilodons are tough as nails. Having trouble holding the line or keeping objectives? A Bastilodon with a Mystic Shield or on terrain will be hard to shift, and while his melee damage isn't great if you want him in the thick of it he does still have the potential to put the hurt on things and an Ark of Sotek adds a bit to his threat. Personally I like the Solar Engine more than the Ark of Sotek. I'm lazy and the Ark seems too fiddly to use, and the 20" range on the Searing Beam means you don't even have to move my Bastilodon most of the time!

3. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Ok, thanks. My play style is very flexible - I tend to just respond and attack rather than heavily strategise. I have 10 skinks, 20 saurus, 15 saurus knights, 10 saurus guard, 1 stegadon, 1 stegadon with Eotg, 1 Oldblood on carnosaur and 3 terradons (with bolas as their weapons).

Ideally I would like something which has an anti-chaos buff as my brother is a Chaos warrior, and he is quite strong physically but his tactics are awful. They consist of shoot at stuff, charge at stuff and fight stuff, so I need some special rules that can really mess up his "strategy".

I was thinking ark of sotek as a ranged attack in the hero phase could really confuse and weaken him. Also, I have a knack for rolling 1s and 2s when I need to.

But searing beam is mental! Summon in a bastilodon nine inches away from a monster and blow it into oblivion! But I was expecting it to be more useful in combat though.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Bassy is a defensive monster you keep it at range and blow stuff up, if I had £30 to blow and looking at your list I would go 20 warriors and a sunblood that would give you a great general and bonus for fielding more warriors.

5. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Ok, I have actually been meaning to get a general as my Oldblood just isn't the type to sit behind a defensive wall and cower :-D

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Get the Bastiladon. The Bastiladon is the single best monster in our army unless you count a Dread Saurian. It's tough as nails, and when equipped with a Solar Engine it hits just as hard.

7. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

I'm with @Bainbow :
    bastiladon is the way! :joyful:

You (@Otzi'mandias ) said "I tend to just respond and attack rather than heavily strategise":
    get a basti with an ark of Sotek and make it RUN towards the face of your enemy.
    Cast a Mystic Shield and it will block that unit for long, messing a lot with its tide of snakes.

Or yes, give it a Solar Engine and park your dino in a safe (but central) zone, and watch it making
    explode a unit per turn. Oh, and if your brother has (or will ever have) some demons in play
    the solar engine is even more deadly.

8. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Ok, bastilodon it is. Cheers for the help @freddy25,@Bainbow, @fanados, and @Crowsfoot.

9. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This has already been answered in full but bastiladon! If you had some razordons or salamanders I might have said take the kroxigor. The handlers are skinks so you run them up together and watch your opponent panic and then cry as he eiher removes something big, or a whole lot of small things. But with what you have, take the bastiladon.

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Sorry, I missed the thread.
    Yeah, you've done well choosing the Bastiladon. for 3 solid reasons:
    1 - the model is superb
    2 - it's a STRONG unit, and in its role one of the strongest in all AoS.
    3 - you already have steggy and carni, you need a basti for your big dinosaur army. ;)
    4 - you can almost field the thunderquake starhost

(I'm a chamaleon skink, I'm not great in math)