1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biscuits and Gravy Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cuachicqueh, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

So I'm wondering, since we have many Australian forumites as spawn-kin, would anyone reject to having a nutritous balanced meal of eggs, bacon and BISCUITS and GRAVY?!?!?! They are SOOOO good, we Americans eat them all the time. What do you think guys? Do you like biscuits and gravy?

Warden likes this.
  2. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I'm american... and I like bacon, but not biscuits or gravy...

3. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

I have had a few Australian friends, and they think biscuits are cookies... like, chocolate chip cookies. So i like to see their reactions when i mention it biscuits and gravy. Lol I wonder what other things they have denotations for that are completely off from what we Americans call them...

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah no. I was actually watching a movie the other day (Slingblade with Billy Bob Thornton, drags on a bit but really cool) and he kept having biscuits and gravy or something like. I had no idea what was going on there.

In Australia, the only cookie you get is one on a website. There are a couple of US products labelled cookies, but not many. Biscuits cover pretty much everything from your cookies to savoury Jatz biscuits and stuff.

So I must ask while there is a topic on it, what the hell is an American 'biscuit'? Because there is no way you would have one of our biscuits with gravy.

5. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

LOL Slingblade, "Mmmm mustard".

As for biscuits and gravy...gravy is usually 50% fat and biscuits are usually white flour which is all equally terrible for you. Bacon is terrible too.

Id eat the eggs tho.

6. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

Lmao. To answer your question, a Biscuit is like a Dinner Roll. A type of bread, perhaps buttermilk, that you would serve with butter, honey, jam, but in this american instance we eat them with gravy. It's actually kinda gross in itself if you thing about it but we calls em biscuits and gravy... yup. Breakfast food for Obese AMERICA! I personally don't eat them, but I get a kick out of this subject every time.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

Well I certainly like bread rolls, but any kind of processed gravy is kinda disgusting. When it is home made from a roast, my dad does a great one, but out of a packet is kinda wrong... Lol.

I think I shall stick with my sweet biscuits. :p

"I reckon I might like some of them french fried tatters. mmmmhhhhhmmm."

8. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

"I'll have the biggun's Mmmmhmmm..."

9. strewart
    OldBlood

If you want to have with another term, offer us jelly on toast. Our jelly is what you call jell-o I believe, so not much fun on toast. :p Jam is the spreadable stuff here.

10. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Do you mean an English Muffin?

11. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Here is a biscuit: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5097/biscuit20from20clinton2bg6.jpg

12. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

13. strewart
    OldBlood

Yep, sure looks more like a scone than an english muffin to me. Gravy still seems a little odd for scones... We have jam and cream on them usually.

Agree with kroxigor on the biscuits picture. :p

14. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

Definitey not, a english muffin is too hard to cut with a fork. It has too be fluffy and soft to be functional while eating.

15. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

Scones... LMAO... your biscuits are COOKIES!!!!!! What is wrong with the world... I want some Scones and Gravy please! Oh and some Milk and Biscuits too... there is no ring to it... ahahha

16. strewart
    OldBlood

.... I cannot understand how people ever thought a universal language between all nations (international auxillary language) would ever be possible when even between different countries who speak the SAME language we argue over how to spell, pronouce and use different words. :p

Take your sulfur and aluminum back and give me some proper sulphur and aluminium! Plus I'll have a biscuit and some scones. :D

17. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

better yet, I want some biscuits and jelly... Jell-O wtf. That one doesnt make sense... it's Jell-O, why call it Jelly... yeah i Guess you are right. Tomatoe Tomato. Im kinda scared to ask what terms you use for intimacy... "We juggled all night long!"

18. strewart
    OldBlood

Hmm depends on if you want to see her again. 'That was a good root!' is one term that I don't think is used in the US. :p

Why not call it jelly? Jam is a much easier term for the spread, thus we have no use for this strange jell-o word. :)

19. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

I will never look at rootbeer the same... Lol jk. That is funny, i mean, pigs root through the mud with their noses looking for mushrooms... i wonder if that has any correlation hahaha.

20. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

These are cookies...

cookies.jpg