1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. blade of realities

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by lazylizard, Apr 14, 2010.

1. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

one quick question.

does the opponent have to take a leadership test for every single hit?

so i swing and cause 3 hits on a hydra. does he take 3 leadership tests or just one?

also for units, ex. if i charge a unit of bull ogres and swing and get 4 hits. they take 4 leadership tests and lets say that he fails 2 tests. that means 2 ogres are removed right?

2. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

This probably belongs in the rules question section but here goes:

1. "for EACH successful hit inflicted, the victim must pass a leadrship test"

So yes, 3 hits = 3 tests or get insta gibbed.

2. Yes, each failed LD test is a dead model.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Don't forget that after the test it still works like a normal magic weapon.

4. Dave G
    Skink

Dave G New Member

So how does that count towards combat resolution?

How does it affect combat resolution if you are in a challenge?

Do you play it like killing blow rules?

5. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

well i believe now that say an ogre gets removed, then that = 3 wounds for CR. but my main goal is to take out big nasties. if you hit on 3's, it is possible to get at least 4 hits. can a LD8 model really pass his leadership 4 times? i really hope not cause if so, then i'm screwed. :rage:

6. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

I agree w/ Lazylizard. If a model dies because of a 'killing blow' effect (essentially) then you get the number of wounds that model carried at the beginning of the CC phase. So as an example; your attacking a unit of Ogre Bulls, one model of which already has two wounds. You cause four wounds and the unit fails three leadership checks. You would only gain seven wounds from combat resolution (two full bulls and one wound from the injured bull).

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

There is a beastmen lord (or hero) that nullifies any magic weapon in base to base contact (called dark mail or something-the model's name is ghorzak the one eye or something). That would cancel the blade of realities, wouldn't it?

Just making sure.

8. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

Khazrak the One Eye, and yes, it would negate the magical effects of ANY magic weapon we'd use. But it's a high cost special character so you probably won't see it overly much.

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Here's the odds....
    http://pyramidvault.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2957

You have a 72.83% chance of killing him with 4 LD8 test.

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah, in addition High Elves also have an item that nullifies all magic weapons in base contact which isn't too rare. And a less common more expensive one that nullifies all magic items and all spell casting within 6". It is great against VC to whack their general. :D

11. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

there's been an (unnecessarily) long thread on warseer about if a steg goes down, do you get the remaining wounds from the skinks left for CR. I say yes. So if the Blade cuts down someone w/ multi wounds it acts the same.

12. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

now this isn't necessarily true. the book says that if the stegadon dies, the crew gets crushed by the stegadon going down and dies with it. so if the blade of realities decide to HIT the stegadon (because you do get to chose when it comes to large monsters with riders) the stegadon takes the leadership test and most likely will fail will then be removed, and that only counts as 5 wounds from the stegadon. its the same thing as if you attacked Ancient Steg w/ EotG and kill it, all the crew dies except for the character but you don't get the CR for the other 4 skinks that died, you only struck at the steg, not the crew. i believe that you get wounds for the steg and not the crew, but that wouldn't matter because they most likely lost Combat anyways and the rider will end up running due to the terror causing Carno.

13. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

The only question I have about the whole "it dies so I get 5 wounds for combat res" thing, is that the only wounds you count in combat res are the unsaved ones. I can kinda understand that if the blade guts a 5 wound model it gets the 5 wounds(so would that mean that if it fails its Ld check against 2 blade hits you get 10?) but where do you see the logic in getting the extra wounds from the crew, since it doesn't say anywhere explicitly that you do?

14. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

This falls under the same rules as when chariots are destroyed outright. When a chariot is destroyed in hth (obviously by strength 7 wpns) you don't get awarded extra points for killing the two crew members. Their wounds are added into the chariot's wounds.

The same goes for the Steg. Anyone wanting to get wounds off the skinks are just trying to worm their way into more wounds which shouldn't be allowed and a wedge of cheese thrown in their face!

15. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

That.

16. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

you cannot get more wounds than the model is worth. that's just too much thinking now. if the blade is attacking one model, and hits it 3 times. as soon as the first leadership test is failed, that model doesn't need to take anymore test, there's no point to it. you don't need CR if you already destroyed the thing that you charged. the whole point in CR is to win and try and overrun in the pursuit, but if there is no one to pursue then you should be happy that the blade did its job.

17. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

On the issue of steg dying & then skink wounds (or not): the entry clearly says if the steg dies the skinks are dead too (excluding characters). When shooting the hits are randomized (giving the steg a potential max of 9 wounds), in CC you can target either. If the steg goes down, then I dont see how its cheesy at all to count the remaining skinks. You benefitted from them before, so you need to accept the consequences as well...

18. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I don't think it can be compared to a chariot since you cannot kill the riders seperately... They have no individual wound stats. Thats like saying you get a kill for a horse when you bring down a knight.

Once again, I think this is a completely unique case and a very good question. I'm surprised it didn't come up before the FAQ. When you think about it, you kill the steg the 5 skinks die too so you get combat res for them. You can choose to target the skinks and get combat res, why not if they die with the steg? It is a pretty big weakness in multiple combats though.