1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Bloodclaw and Shadowstrike

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jason839, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

i was wondering what people's thoughts were on running both the bloodclaw and shadowstrike battalions together? 220 point battalion tax is a lot, but part of me thinks they may be able to make up for it.

I was thinking something like

Old blood on carnosaur
    -General

Bloodclaw

Old blood on carnosaur
    Scar-vet on cold one
    Scar-vet on cold one
    Scar-vet on cold one
    5x Saurus knights
    5x Saurus knights
    5x Saurus knights

Shadowstrike

Starpriest
    3x ripperdactyls
    5x chameleon skinks
    5x chameleon skinks

Comes out at exactly 2000

milman and Bowser like this.
  2. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Hey man! This is a great list. It has been floating around the forums over the last month or so. It's going to win you a lot of games. You have a bit of everything. That being said, sometimes the shadowstrike portion won't make up its cost. The rippers are good, but it still costs you 260 points to get that deepstrike. That's a Carnosaur! The Chameleon skinks can function without the battalion too.

I would try this list and then other versions without the rippers and battalion. Try removing them and beefing up one of the knight units, which are pretty good under your buffs. Or you can go in a different directions.

Basically your rippers have to be worth 260 points for the battalion to be worth it. I've found shadowstrike to be worth it when I run 6x rippers or have a 30/40man block of skinks. The extra movement helps a lot with the big block and the 6 rippers can handle scarier things.

3. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

If you have some skinks I think it would be worth it to play test taking 4 units of 5 Chameleon skinks over the shadowstrike battalion. Sometimes I think having 2 more units of Chameleon skinks is just as good as having the Rippers. It also leaves you with 120 points. You could beef one unit of knights to 10 for a little meat and screening. Also at 10 strong, and under the buffs, they are good at dealing with infantry blocks.

Bowser and Jason839 like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

These two together is one of my favourite builds. Absolutely worth all 220 points.

Joshua Horchler likes this.