1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Bloodclaw - Double Carnosaur

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lhurgoyf, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Lhurgoyf
    Skink

Lhurgoyf Member

Hi Peeps,
    Since the new GHB looks like the points might drop on the Bloodclaw Starhost and some of the units in it, I've been thinking about what sorts of shenanigans I could get up to. Has anyone tried anything with two T-Rexes before? How did it work out? Also, does anyone have any leads on whether the bloodclaw will get tweaked at all? The 2nd ability, with the CA spam, seems to be at odds with the new rule regarding command points.

I was thinking something like this.

Heroes:
    260 - Oldblood on Carnosaur (Coronal Shield)
    240 - Scarvet on Carnosaur
    120 - Sunblood
    100 - Scarvet on Cold One
    80 - Skink Starpriest
    260 - Slann Starmaster (Incandescent Rectrices)(Great Rememberer)

Battleline:
    180 - 10 Knights - Lances
    90 - 5 Knights - Lances
    90 - 5 Saurus Guard
    60 - 10 Skinks - Blowpipes

Cannons:
    280 - Bulbasaur w/ Solar Beam
    40 - Razordon

Stuff:
    150 - Bloodclaw Starhost
    40 - Geminids of Uhl-Gyish

Total
    1990 pts, 6 drops

There's some small bravery bomb potential with so many carnosaurs, so maybe Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws is a better choice than the Geminids, but since they do more damage I thought I'd start with them. I included the Slann and Starpriest to try teleporting a skink hero and using it to channel an endless spell where it can't backfire.

2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Bloodclaw will stay exactly the same - heroes can use their command abilities without needing a command point.

I've tried double carno before but with limited success. That said, the guys I usually play against are fully aware of Bloodroar and so will usually build their lists around not needing to take battleshock (Stormcast and Legions of Nagash tricks). I do like the look of this list though and I'm planning on trying something similar soon. Endless spells like the Geminids may be just what is needed to cripple enemy units before sending a carnosaur in.

3. Lezlor
    Cold One

Lezlor Active Member

I’d not really looked at bloodclaw before for some reason. Everyone is getting worked up about command points, so getting the command ability for all these heroes at 150 points is pretty good looking in theory. Sunblood and scar vet on cold one amidst buffing your battleline looks sweet.

4. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

One of my favorite lists uses a Bloodclaw with three Scar-Vets on Cold Ones, and big units of knights. A unit of ten knights with all three CAs and a Starpriest's serpent staff will attack fifty times with the Cold One bites, with wound rolls of 6 doing two damage - against squishier armies it's pretty insane damage.

And with the points changes in AoS it's now significantly cheaper! :)

Lhurgoyf and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Lezlor
    Cold One

Lezlor Active Member

Well I’ll see if I can give it a go on a larger game sometime.

6. Lhurgoyf
    Skink

Lhurgoyf Member

Thx for the feedback.

Yeah, dropping the 2nd t-rex and the razordon for another scarvet on CO, 5 more knights and 5 more guards might be a more competitive choice than what I listed above. That would give some extra combo potential as well as more durability, since the guards should always have their bonuses with so many heroes floating around.

Still, double carnosaur seems like it would just look sweet on the table. I'll probably start with the Timmy list first before making any compromises needed if I go to a tournament.