1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Brand New to Sigmar, Looking to Rep the Boys in Blue

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by BlastKetchup, Aug 17, 2016.

1. BlastKetchup
    Jungle Swarm

BlastKetchup New Member

I'm planning to start Age of Sigmar having finished my 40k army, and I know I want to play Seraphon because they play like the Tau (They're both blue being the basis for that assertion). I was planning on just hitting the ground running and buying a starter kit and Thunderbeast host because they're the coolest looking, along with the battletome.

What I'm wondering is how exactly do they play, should I get the stuff I'm looking at and where on the scale of complexity do the lizardmen lie? I'm used to the Tau, who after you memorize the relatively few special rules and learn the many synergistic elements in the army you're pretty much able to take on all comers.

I love playing extremely aggressive, alpha strike heavy armies where the first turn is absolutely brutal and busy, and the following turns are slower due to the opponent being unable to recuperate from the attack, are the units I posted above fitting for that style of play? If not is there some equivalent?

Also I was reading through the units in the PDF on the GW page and didn't see anything in the way of point values, will those be in the battletome?

I've never touched Sigmar before beside halfway watching some friends play their first game but I shouldn't have too hard a time with practice, but what are some of the things I should know more generally regarding the game, especially compared to 40k? Any head scratchers that would be confusing coming over from 40k or habits that should be avoided?

Thanks in advance!

For the scaly good! (Oh dear that needs some work)

dwarfepic and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! The Seraphon can olay similarly, but your deep strikers are quite squishy, but a Shadowstrike starhost with ripperdactyls and chameleon skinks will serve that purpose, then the thunderbeasts will be your slow moving in for the kill types.

Points values are found in the generals handbook so you would be better off buying that and using the app for the warscrolls, but it is nice to have the book.

dwarfepic likes this.
  3. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

congrats for picking the space lizards!

As a 40k player myself, I know of the horrors the tau can bring (riptides), and that they like to shoot. if you want a similar playstyle, then maybe several bastilidons and stegadons. next you will want skinks, who when used properly, can decimate enemy infantry. also, like tau razordons are good for supporting fire with an AoS version of overwatch. if you remember all the right rules and buffs for skinks, then they can be very powerful. also maybe some terradons as part of a shadow strike starhost to be like deep striking battle suits, and chameleon skinks for more deep striking shinanigens. then a slann, for your ethereal equivelant, giving you lovely re rolls and army wide buffs. If you like to use kroot as well, then maybe some saurus warriors to help in melee where skinks are helpless. sallamanders for anti armour like xv-88 heavy rail rifles, and some spell casters like a starseer or starpriest to give spell variation.

Bowser likes this.