1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. BSB Rules

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Obadiah, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Obadiah
    Skink

Obadiah New Member

I'm assuming this has already been covered in another thread but I couldn't spot it...

What are the rules for what weapons a BSB can take? Could a scar vet take a BSB AND a shield?

2. owain_b
    Saurus

owain_b Member

I think they can take anything they would normally be allowed to if they werent BSB's. I cant quote a rule covering this but in the section addressing normal standards it says they are equiped in the same way as the unit so if the unit has shields the standard bearer does too. So if a normal standard is able to use a shield then I'd assume a BSB can too.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I believe this is correct. The BSB can take the same items as his regular Scar-Vet counterpart. The only exception is that if he takes a magic standard then he can't take any other magic items (the Slann is of course exempt from this rule).

4. Obadiah
    Skink

Obadiah New Member

That's awesome. Thanks both!

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

BSBs in 8th ed can take anything they could take otherwise, equipment or mounts.

The reason there is some confusion is some earlier editions said otherwise and some of the older army books reflected this.