1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Building dracothian tail for The first time

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Moulinglacia, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Hi i played in a tournament this weekend and I lost every game with my fang of sotek list so i am thinking of switching to a dracothian tail build and was hoping to get some advice

Leaders
    Slann starmaster
    General
    Trait: The Great remeberer.
    Artifact: miasmatic blade

Saurus scar veteran on carnosaur
    Doppelganger cloak
    Engine of The gods
    Skink starpriest
    Saurus astrolith bearer

Battleline
    5x saurus knight
    5x saurus knight
    5x saurus knight
    40x saurus warrior

Other
    3x ripperdactyl riders

Battalion
    Firelance starhost
    Dracothian tail

Endless spells
    Chronomantic cogs

2000/2000 points

The idea of The list is to cast chromatic cogs turn 1 speed up time. teleport my slann next to my my opponent army to drop my scarvet my rippers and my blob of 40 warriors turn 1 on key targets of my opponent list and then to bunker up with my slann to get summoning points for The rest of The game

Does this list look solid to you guys. I am uncertain if this is The best direction to take the list. I have changed it several times to fit things like More endless spells, and caster, evocators as allies or razordons and I cant decide what would work best. So im lookimg for advice from More experienced players

Thanks in advance

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

This is how I play DT. It is a board control list.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Mortal Realm: Ulgu

LEADERS:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Great Rememberer
    - Artefact : Miasmatic Blade

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (240)
    - Artefact : Doppelganger Cloak Saurus
    Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact : Betrayer's Crown
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact : Light of Dracothion

UNITS:
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (70)
    -Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lance
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lance
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    3 x Razordons (120)

BATTALIONS:
    Dracothion's Tail
    (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN:
    Balewind Vortex
    (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)

TOTAL: 1990/2000
    EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 3
    WOUNDS: 107

Units I place in the Heavens:
    • Oldblood on Carnosaur
    • Scar-veteran on Cold One
    • Razordons
    • Saurus Knights (with lances)x1
    • Ripperdactyls (technically in the clouds)
    This is list I use for 2k tournaments. It is centered around setting the tempo of the game and removing your opponents major threats turn one. It takes strong threat assessment and good movement to use effectively, but it hasn't lost for me yet.

Turn one I LoSaT my Slann up field if needed to gain range on deploying my Razordons and ScV on CO. Try to find the corner of a horde unit to engage with the ScV on Co to make good use of Betrayer's Crown and with luck you will tie the unit up in combat for more than one turn or force an unfavorable retreat.

Engage the enemies largest threat with your Ripperdactyls. This is where game knowledge is crucial. The threat potential of any given unit changes from list to list and based upon the given battleplan.

The Oldblood on Carno is generally used as my second wave. I try to save this deployment for a counter attack to remove any units my opponent used to clear my Ripperdactyles.

Use your Skinks to grab center field objectives.

Be mindful of your Cogs. The goal of this list is to control your opponent's movement phase by tying up units in combat. Make sure that you do not give your opponent extra movement that will allow them to reach objectives.

The Oldblood on Carnosaur can be swapped out for an EotGs if you want more utility and less alpha strike. However, the Oldblood Carno is extremely useful in match ups vs Flesh-eater Courts.

Here is a link to a previous Q&A from the list's GHB2018 incarnation.

Aginor and Moulinglacia like this.
  3. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Thank you for The info. I learned alot from your q&a so i think i will drop The blob of 40 saurus in favor of other threats like razordons.

I have a question though. I dont have skinks yet since i was extremly stubborn with my saurus warriors before and I didnt buy any skinks because i wanted to make my warriors work. Skinks are on my bucket list now but its going to be awhile before i can get them so i was just wondering if rippers are still worth it even if I cant put them in a shadowstrike starhost