1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Cageyblood's Corner - Oldblood on Carnosaur DONE

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Cageyblood, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nicely done. It looks really comfy!

Nazqua and Cageyblood like this.
  2. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

Got a crapload of basing done today. 45 bases painted. My warhounds are going on square bases cause I don't have enough of the oval ones of the right size and can't be asked to buy more.

And on that note, I also completed the test models for my warhounds and new warrior paint scheme. I would love any criticism or feedback folks have.

hound 1.1.jpg hound 1.2.jpg hound 1.3.jpg
    I didn't think the model was anything special putting it together, but I actually think they look badass when painted. Really love how he turned out and looking forward to doing the rest.

The warrior also turned out really well. Really proud of this and I think the skin cloak idea looks awesome.
    c.w. 3.1.jpg c.w. 3.2.jpg c.w. 3.3.jpg
    I also decided to magnetize the off-hand so I can run these guys with two weapons or a shield. It wasn't too much work and it keeps me from having anxiety about building them the 'wrong' way.

c.w.  2.1.jpg c.w. 2.2.jpg c.w. 2.3.jpg

Nazqua, Warden, Workschmock and 6 others like this.
  3. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

5 more A N G E R Y doggos down.
    20190221_002934.jpg
    I also found a tutorial to paint a hive tyrant, and I am 100% stealing how they did the wings for my manticore, so I'm just gonna drop it here so I don't forget / lose the link.
    tyrant.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Nazqua, Warden, Aginor and 2 others like this.
  4. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Quick update, still plugging away, finished my warhounds and working on completing a half-done unit of knights. Really like how this one turned out.
    knight 3.1.jpg
    knight 3.2.jpg

I also did another objective marker as a small project. The aim was to go for a big-ass gemstone sitting on top of a pile of gold ore, turned out pretty decent. One could do a set of 6 of these doing a different colored gemstone if one was going for matching objective markers, but I like making stuff out of leftover bits too much.

gem 1.1.jpg gem 1.2.jpg gem 1.5.jpg

And a quick shot of both markers side by side.
    both.jpg
    Been doing some kitbashing / greenstuff on my manticore, hope to have progress there to share soon.

Nazqua, Acrocanth, Warden and 5 others like this.
  5. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Finished my warhounds, working on the chaos warriors. I wasn't crazy about the face of the manticore model so I decided the best way to get it on theme with my army was to put a carnosaur head there instead. Hacked away a bunch of stuff and built up a mane with greenstuff. Anyone have any feedback before I start priming / painting?

conversion 1.jpg conversion 2.jpg conversion 3.jpg conversion 5.jpg conversion 6.jpg conversion 7.jpg

Nazqua, Warden, Crowsfoot and 2 others like this.
  6. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Looks good. Only minor thing is, that there's a little bit too much bare neck showing on the right side... maybe extend the mane a little further towards the head to cover it up and have it look more symmetrical...

Crowsfoot, Workschmock and Cageyblood like this.
  7. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Added a bit more to the mane, and added a set of pincer / tusk things to cover up the ornamentation on the side of the head. When kitbashing something for a chaos army and in doubt, just add spikes. Easy peasy.

20190324_134522.jpg 20190324_134525.jpg 20190324_134533.jpg 20190324_134548.jpg 20190324_134554.jpg 20190324_134602.jpg 20190324_134630.jpg 20190324_134647.jpg

Nazqua, Warden, Aginor and 3 others like this.
  8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Great looking manticore conversion, curious how that is going to turn out. :bookworm:

Wow those are some nicely painted wings :wideyed::artist:

Love that gemstone! And the pillows! They look fantastic! :artist::artist::artist:

9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

:joyful:

That would be a funny idea.

And you could have a bastiladon painted as a Venusaur to go with it!

Cageyblood likes this.
  10. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Not much to discuss for April, just batch painting my warriors. Though I did make an investment that should help me get through the rest of this challenge...
    20190429_210624.jpg 20190429_210646.jpg
    On an unrelated note, if anyone has any airbrush tutorials they love I would appreciate that, this thing does have a bit of a learning curve.

Nazqua, Warden, Aginor and 1 other person like this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

12. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Thanks Crowsfoot, that was a super helpful series. The demonstration of how the different PSI look was especially helpful as my compressor doesn't have a gauge, so that has given me a much better idea where to set it.

Nazqua and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Another quick update with a few shots of a squad of warriors. Really liking this color scheme, and I've decided on the name "Fleshcloaks" for my slaves to darkness stuff. It does seem like I'm saving some time using the airbrush, even if I'm wishing I did basing separately/after or using different subassemblies but that's part of the learning process.
    20190522_115939.jpg
    I also tried doing a bloody handprint thing for one of the banners freehand which was a fun challenge and a motif I am going to try to use much more on my chaos stuff
    20190522_120109.jpg

Nazqua, Warden, Imrahil and 1 other person like this.
  14. Aginor
    Slann

Good work on those.
    Purple+gold is a good color combo. :)

Cageyblood likes this.
  15. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

I agree! Also the colour of the flayed skin I’m using for cloaks and banners complements the purple well too, so it works well for the colour scheme on top of being badass.

Nazqua and Aginor like this.
  16. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Sorry for my absence from the forums, June has already been a crazy month. Moved house to a new place (and got a new studio setup)
    20190611_174141.jpg
    AND I got all my warriors done! Up to 69 (nice) miniatures of my total done.
    champion 1.1.jpg champion 1.2.jpg champion 1.3.jpg fleshcloak 1.jpg fleshcloak 2.jpg fleshcloak 3.jpg fleshcloak 4.jpg

Up next...something Seraphon. I haven't decided yet, but I cannot paint anymore goddamn armor for right now lol. Possibly some skinks, or my other carnosaur or my kitbashed slann.

17. Aginor
    Slann

Great job!

18. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Nice army, love the colors, especially the Armour:artist:

looking forward to your Seraphon painting

Gr, Imrahil

19. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Nice work, I’ll be watching waiting on that manticore - I do love a good conversion:kitbash :)

Nazqua, Cageyblood and Imrahil like this.
  20. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Decided to work on my carno next, made some good progress and almost finished a base I'm really happy with.
    20190623_060926.jpg 20190623_060933.jpg 20190623_060937.jpg 20190623_060952.jpg

Nazqua, Warden, Imrahil and 2 others like this.