1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can the stegadon fire the giant blowpipes, in close combat?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by shorty11793, Jul 15, 2010.

1. shorty11793
    Jungle Swarm

shorty11793 New Member

i was just wondering if the stegadon can fire the giant blowpipes in close combat. cus as i understand it, characters can fire arrows off a chariot.

suppose its the same thing and it would be totally awsome, from a fluff point of view it makes sense.

if you can, point me to where it says so.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Nowhere in the entry for the stegadon does it state that it can fire the blowpipes in combat. The only thing that the stegadon can do in combat, would be the EOTG special abilities. Those are the only references in the rulebook.

but, that would be cool!

3. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

No firing anything in the shooting phase while in close combat unless you have a special rule. I don't know where you got the arrows from a chariot thing but if the chariot is in close combat I am pretty sure you can't do that either.

You can throw the javalins from the skinks in the howdah when not in close combat though, so long as they aren't the skinks firing the howdah weapons.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep, can't shoot while the model is in combat. And nor can chariot crew.

5. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

The new FAQ made is sound like we could stand and shoot with the giant blow pipes though, which is kind of random.

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

That may be possible. The stand and shoot option is a charge response that happens before combat. You could do that.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep, I think that definitely boosts the ancient above a normal stegadon. I will be trying to get the giant bow off mine and replacing it with blowpipes.