1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carnosaur alternativs?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by diablarist, Mar 24, 2009.

1. diablarist
    Skink

diablarist New Member

im thinking of adding a carny to my force at some point, but i really dont like the modle, are the any alternatives out ther people have found?

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

You could sculpt your own. There's a guy on The Pyramid Vault forum who's sculpting all his own dinos for his army. Here's the link, if you're interested in that. Other than that, your options are a little limited, I guess, seeing as how a toy T-rex or something would look a little silly. Something from the Antedeluvia Collection might work as well. The Tyrannosaurus is probably a little big at 6 1/2", but the Afrovenator is probably just right at 4 1/4" long. They're made out of resin, too, so you could GS them a little bit if you wanted them to look a little more Warhammer-esque.

3. Aren
    Saurus

Aren New Member

I don't know of any alternatives, but I must ask:

Why don't you like the model??? It's the coolest model in the Lizardmen range IMHO, and maybe the biggest reason for me starting a Lizardmen army! :jawdrop:

4. diablarist
    Skink

diablarist New Member

i dont know....it just reminds mre of my cat for some reason...(probaly more to do with my cat being a beast)
    when ever i look at the modle i can only think that its pouncing on to a big ball of yarn or sumthing, it just dosnt give of the vibe of "im the most heniosly buch thing on the most heniosly dedly junglr in the world"

5. diablarist
    Skink

diablarist New Member

im now thinking of maybe going for a giant snake type monster, do you think theat could work? any idears?

6. Pavillios
    Skink

Pavillios New Member

I don't know who makes these metal miniatures, but lots of Jaguar car owners seem to mount carnosaurs on their cars. ;)

I kind of agree with diablarist about the cat-like pose of the carny model.

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Everyone knows the carnosaur is crouched low like that so that he can hide behind skinks!

8. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

reaper has a big dinosaur that you could mount something on, I don't like it as much as the gw one though

9. diablarist
    Skink

diablarist New Member

10. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

I loved that model and was thinking of getting it for my personal collection. Did you see their dark elf cold ones? I was thinking of using one as my horned one.

11. diablarist
    Skink

diablarist New Member

the raptors? yeah they looked sweet, i was thinking of doing a hored one, but juat modaling a frill round its neck llike that dino that spat in jerassic park (carnt remeber itys name)

12. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

You know after checking out the site I cannot find the mini I was thinking about I think it was from a different one. They had a dark elf chariot pulled by 2 beastie looking reptiles.

13. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

14. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I use the gamezone predators for my cold ones, they rock, though they are too small for a carnosaur, they are slightly bigger than a mount base.