1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Casual 2k list.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Othertim, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Othertim
    Jungle Swarm

Othertim New Member

Building a 2k list for Seraphon for play in a relatively casual environment. I'm considering the following list, is it a reasonable starting point or will it be lacking in power?

LEADERS
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (240)
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)

UNITS
    15 x Saurus Guard (240)
    5 x Saurus Guard (80)
    5 x Saurus Guard (80)
    10 x Saurus Knights (160) - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (80) - Blades
    5 x Saurus Knights (80) - Blades

BATTALIONS
    Dracothion's Tail (80)
    Eternal Starhost (150)
    Firelance Starhost (150)

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I would say this is a solid list of reasons a casual environment, and the fact that most of your battleline can dish out a good amount of mortal wounds definitely a good thing. The only real thing this list lacks a bit is some mobility, but carnosaurs, knights, and LoSaT should supplement that fairly easy.

So the most appropriate question now is what artifacts are thinking about using?

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Othertim
    Jungle Swarm

Othertim New Member

I definitely haven't worked that out yet... Except a Chameleon cloak on the Carnasaur...

Lizerd likes this.
  4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

A doppelgänger cloak on carnosaur is always a good thing.
    Maybe try a sword of judgment for the scar vet on cold one, possibly incandescent retrices for the eternity warden, and really anything for the astrolith bearer would work well
    If you need more ideas you can always ask @LizardWizard , he knows a lot on army building

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. SkinkBait
    Saurus

SkinkBait Active Member

I know you're playing casually, but lances are nicer on knights. I feel like it's a waste of the rule on their warscroll and from the firelance if you don't use them with lances.

I do think dracothians tail got better with GHB 19 due to not having to risk stranding your slann with deepstrike shenanigans. Depending on the available space you can LoSaT your slann forward, drop your big squad of knights and Scar vet real close, and then LoSaT back to safety threatening your opponents key units.

I do love the idea of a big guard squad and an astrolith bearer to keep them tough and deadly.

LizardWizard, Lizerd and Ixt like this.
  6. Othertim
    Jungle Swarm

Othertim New Member

The blades was just me missing it as an option in the warscroll creator - would definitely be Lance's. :)

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

This list looks very fun.

Ulgu seems like the best realm due to the number of artefacts your list is alloted. Miasmic Blade on the Slann or Eternity Warden wouldn't be a bad idea. Then either Doppelganger's Cloack or Sword of Judgement on the Carno. Betrayer's Crown for the ScV on Co can help thin an enemy horde. Spell Mirror on the Enterity Warden also isn't a bad idea as much of the weakness of the Eternal Starhost is from Mortal Wounds.

Aginor and Lizerd like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Definitely looks like a fun list to play.
    And enemy lists without a good amount of mortal wound available to them might actually struggle a lot against those Saurus Guard.

Lizerd likes this.
  9. Othertim
    Jungle Swarm

Othertim New Member

Cheers guys - Need to balance whether I think that the new book will be released soon or if it's worth starting on now. :)

Lizerd likes this.
  10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I would say go ahead with this, start with maybe a start collecting for the carnosaur and 8 knightst (you also get some saurus warriors). It’s a fair amount to build up to your current list, so I would recommend starting lower if your brand new to this, then building up to your 2000 point list.

As for the new battletome; while it’s very likely that we will be getting a new one this year, we don’t know when. So if you’re worried about potential buffs and nerfs, it’s not really worth it at the moment.

11. Othertim
    Jungle Swarm

Othertim New Member

I've already picked up 2 start collecting to make the double dino Firelance 1k army. It's whether to pick up the remaining bits and pieces or not. :)

Lizerd likes this.
  12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Probably a safe bet to start up, and you can actually proxy an astrolith from the start collecting so you should be good there. I would say go for it, we don’t know when the battletome is coming so waiting is a bit pointless

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019