1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Character Creation 2! (High Priest)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Deusvult, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Deusvult
    Chameleon Skink

Deusvult Active Member

Welcome to the second thread about our characters. Lets here your thoughts on the Skink High Priest.

I really like the little guy. I have been running one just with 4+ ward and pathmaster on a skink palaquin. He has been chaperoned by a 20-25 strong unit of croc saurus. The cool little thing is giving them hatred with the palaquin so they can dish out a little hurt.

So far I have only been using Path of Heavens, as it was always my favourite. The power of the rerolls have been really strong and the new version of Wind Blast is just gravy.

Wha cool builds/ideas have you thought up with our High Priest.

airjamy likes this.
  2. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Must say i have not really read into him before this thread. I always have just taken the good old standard Slann in larger games, i did not really see a reason for a Skink High Priest next to my big magical toad. After reading more closely, the Skink Palanquin is maybe something that can pull me over the edge. It gives a unit of Saurian Warriors bodyguard, so you can put the Skink in the second row, and it gives the unit hatred, so that is quite a strong combo. It is a lot cheaper then the normal TG, Slann combo, and it gives somewhat of the same effects. The only problem that you have is that you do not have the glorious LD10 rerolls with cold blood, you will need to have your BSB somewhere else, but it is really quite intersting how filling your core, having a wizard and having a very choppy block can be combined in one.. The one downside is that Hatred and Predator combo really poorly, so it is somewhat of a waste is that respect, but it is something to keep an eye out for in something like 1500 P games? In larger games, the Slann still reigns supreme, the Skink High Priest is in a bit of a weird spot due to that i think

Deusvult likes this.