1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children of the "Gods"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Somadelnocha, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Somadelnocha
    Jungle Swarm

Somadelnocha New Member

Hello there, fellow Lustrians!

My name is Cody, and I'm a student at Milwaukee Area Technical College, studying business development and game design. In one of my courses this semester, we were tasked to learn to play WH40K (I have limited tabletop mini games via WarMachine many years ago), then develop a new race (whether a mod or brand new).

We settled onto Lizardmen, after an inspiring pitch from our now-product owner. He recommended some interesting fluff-based options to pursue, with some embellishing where appropriate (because we aren't GW, after all...)

All of this was decided prior to the release of the Serophon line (I even emailed GW trying to find some sales figures, where I was promptly [and obviously] shut down) so much of our team became distraught. Upon realizing GW only shifted the Lizardmen from Fantasy to AoS, we set about with our work again, but I need to confirm that we're actually doing something interesting.

I figured coming to the source (the people that actually buy and play with Lizardmen) would be the most direct and expedient way to get the feedback necessary, so I'll be posting a few surveys/questionnaires, (given the correct forum proceedings, of course) and trying to better understand this crazy universe!

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear back from you soon!

airjamy likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to Lustria Cody.

3. Somadelnocha
    Jungle Swarm

Somadelnocha New Member

Thanks!
    I want to explain: I'm not just trying to info dig (though I do have a lot to catch up on, from having only a WM background to becoming fluent with WH40K/AoS fluff and mechanics!) for my course. I'm not a corporate hack, nor am I a forum troll. I am traditionally a forum lurker, choosing to comment/post only when relevant. I hope to be able to contribute to the fun and excitement people find in playing Lizardmen!

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You should go check out some of "The spawning of Bob"(s) threads.

5. Sensei
    Skink

Sensei Member

Welcome Cody!
    I hope your project goes as planned and you'll stay even after finishing, because once the lizardmen got you in their grip, they don't let go ;)

6. Somadelnocha
    Jungle Swarm

Somadelnocha New Member

These are quite interesting, haha

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums.

If fluff is what you are looking for. Check out the fluff forums and you can use the Lustriapedia for guided searching. Given that you have somewhat of a 40K focus, consider this piece written by our own @Iksander which is a WHF Lizardmen and 40K crossover. That should be write up your alley (pun!).

8. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

See, Mom,

An unsolicited testimonial. Can I leave the table now?

9. Somadelnocha
    Jungle Swarm

Somadelnocha New Member

So I have a question: If I were to post a survey related to the game, where would I have to do so to avoid being banhammered? Is there even interest in assisting a student by filling out said survey?

10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

11. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

People are often more then happy enough to fill in surveys, as long as they are not to long ;).