1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Chris's Painting Log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Chris M, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Well its time to start the painting log. Here is my WIP Slann. The chair isnt finished and I still have a few minor details to go over then onto the Slann himself.

100_6628.jpg

2. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

Nice I orginaly made my planquin metal and washed it devlin mud looks good, but the sides are all messy and realy hard to wash, so I have just let it sit for months because im to lazy to fix it. Nice Job the little skink looks awsome!

3. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I really like the palanquin itself and the skink attendant. The palanquin has a very ''natural'' look if I can use that expression, it doesn't look like a toy or cartoony.

I personaly think that the horns could use a final highlight (you said some details weren't finished, it's probably one of them).

Good work and looking forward on seeing the Slann!

Also, a mod should move this to the army painting log forum :D.

4. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I still dont see a painting log forum... anyway, here is the Slann.
    100_6635.jpg
    100_6636.jpg
    100_6637.jpg

I need to hit him with some dullcoat.

5. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

When you look at the Lizardmen Painting and Converting Forum, there are 2 subforums that you can click on, one of which is the army painting log subforum. A mod will probably move your topic as soon he sees it.

The Slann looks really nice, I really dig the contrast between the belly and the rest of the skin. I agree that it needs to be dulled though, it does look shiny at the moment.

6. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Yeah after I posted this one I saw it at the top of the page. I'll either start a new one or have someone move this one.

Thanks,
    Chris

7. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

I once tried to paint my slann i ended up scrubing it off it looked terrible there alot harder to paint than they look. Thats amazing! red slan ftw, I'll evntualy paint mine stone grey / black like the rest of my army with the red eye's but atm im doing my skinks. I really love how your little skink matches the slann and really brings out the model. Great work!
    Have fun ass-kicking wiht him has he got a name?

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah it usually takes someone to actually mention it, I don't pay a lot of attention to what forum threads are in. Moving it now.

Also, nice looking Slann!

9. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I'm bad at fluff. I usually dont name my characters. He really needs a dullcoat. that shiny matte varnish really washed out some of the details in the picture. Matter of fact I almost didnt post it. It looks VERY different in person. Perhaps today I'll run and get some Purity seal.

Chris

Ps
    thanks for moving my thread for me and for the compliments.

10. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

That slann is a great color!

11. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I decided on a scheme for my Saurus just now. I used the painting aid someone posted in july to help me... took 8 different tries to get a scheme I fell in love with and wouldnt you know it they look kinda like my Slann... After I run it by my kids.... they are the experts after all..... I'll paint one up and post him to see what you guys think.

Chris

12. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I assembled and painted this guy in about an hour and a half. I apologize for the missing basing but it hasn't arrived yet from Skullcrafts. I have some really cool stuff coming. One down 51 more to go!

100_6663.jpg
    100_6664.jpg
    100_6665.jpg
    100_6666.jpg
    100_6667.jpg
    100_6668.jpg

13. Wildboar
    Skink

Wildboar New Member

Looks very nice indeed!

I think the red skin contrasts very well with the grey of the scales. I'm sure when your stuff arrives for the base it will finish the model off a treat. Excellent work.

Boar

14. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I really like the work you did on the head with a different color for the skull plate. It looks very good. The contrast is very good between the skin and the scales. From what can be seen, the shield is also looking very good.

I'm looking forward to seeing a unit of those guys completly finished. Keep us updated!!!

15. boxip
    Jungle Swarm

boxip New Member

When i looked at your art i could say that you're a professional artist. You made your Saurus alive. I just want to know how many days before you finish this kind of art? You've done an excellent job. Keep it up Chris.

16. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

To be honest this was only a few hours worth of work. It will be a long road to getting the whole army to this point, I have time though as I want this one to be the best army I have done.

17. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I went a bit overboard tonight....

I started working on their display board... I told myself that I wouldn't start on it till the Daemons were done... but I couldn't help myself.

100_6726.jpg

At the front of the board there is room for 2 units of saurus and a unit of temple guard with 2 Stegadons, and on each tier there will be my skirmishers like my skinks and my salamanders. At the top of course will be the Skink priests and the characters. This is going to be a FUN project. I need to work out how big the stones for each level will be and carve them out of the tiers.

18. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow thats a promising looking start, I look forward to seeing more.
    Skip the demons and keep going with this! :)

19. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I cant skip the Daemons. Who will assault the temple when its done if I don't have any Daemons to place on the opposite end! I'm also locked into playing them for the Adepticon Team Tournament. My next project may either be the Lizards or my Orcs which have been in progress for almost 2 years now... I have been waiting since 8th dropped for the new book for them as I had heard rumors. Since I have the Temple built though.... Lizards may be next!

20. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

*looks to left of photo* Holy S*** that's allot of foam. o_O