1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colour scheme of the old one

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deadmetal, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

What colour schemes do you guys suggest for a Saurus Old-blood blessed by the old ones?

2. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Took the liberty of moving your post into a new topic since your question didn't have much to do with shields ;)

For your question though, I would go with an albino saurus( I really like the GW scheme on that one), but you are aware that spawnings doesn't exist in 7th edition and that there is no longer aditional rules for different spawnings..

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yea, in the fluff of the new book it says that as Saurus get older they lose their skin pigment and become white, instead of being spawned white with MOTOO.

4. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Thanks Aparach. Yeah I've painted my buy with a amazingly light blue and then highlighted with skull white. I'll try and post pictures soon. Still stuck on the back of the shield. I've currently got the front a nice red but I'm not sure about the back. Any ideas?

5. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

:rage: They got rid of the blessings! That is just stupid, anyway, here are the pictures I promised. Clickey on the link below. some are quite bad but I do have a rubbish camera. Haven't done any basing yet so do you guys have any tips. Will be thankful if you do.

http://lizardmenpictures.webs.com/

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Those look pretty good. I don't know if it's just the poor quality of the photos, but it seems like you haven't done a lot of shading on your models. If you do that, it'll make them look that much better. Other than that, they are looking pretty good.
    As for the spawnings, I don't think a lot of people will be missing them too badly. They've altered the stats so that we really don't need them anyways, so we're throwing away points like we were before.

7. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

The new range of washes are your best friend!

8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

That saurus looks awesome, the one next toe the green skink in the last pic

9. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Yeah, its my camera because like half of the time that I spent painting them was on the highlights.

10. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

11. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

They look pretty cool. I bet the colour scheme looks quite different in real life to that which you have now in the pic though, right?

Are you using the macro setting? It looks like it, if not then try it. If so, I have found lately that I can get much better pics without the macro setting. The trick is to have lots of natural light, because that floods any effect the flash on the camera might have and makes the colours look more like they actually do. Taking the photos outside can work, or use a bright white light. The lamp I paint under is white rather than yellow, and I aim it directly above the models to photograph, quite close. Then get a flat colour for the background, a sheet of white paper usually works well enough, or cardboard for a more neutral look.

Try to get the camera at the same height as the model, so put it on top of a jar or something to get it a bit higher if needed. Then hold the camera at around 40-60cm with a bit of zoom, but not too much. Photos on digital cameras come out very big so it is not necessary at all for the model to fil even half of the frame, you can open it in paint and crop the outside and still have a good sized photo.

Experiment with different zoom amounts and distances from the model, take a whole bunch of photos at once and just delete any you don't like, also try experimenting with the flash turned off or dulled (I put a tissue or two over it so it isn't as bright) and see how you go. That is what I do for photographing miniatures and usually get pretty good pictures. Good luck.

12. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Thanks for the tips. :smug: