1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Comping WHFB 8th

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by airjamy, Aug 30, 2019.

1. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

I found an interesting resource online used by the ETC to comp WHFB 8th, and i was interesting what you guys thought about our section. I think it balances the game pretty well, and i like how the bad armies like Bretonnia and Orc and Goblins get more "choices" (of which armies normally have 5) to get them up to speed. What do you guys think? If you are interested, i could share the army specific rules for other armies as well, i can already tell you that Daemon princes are nerfed to all hell in this version.

The restrictions are these:

ARMY RESTRICTIONS GENERAL RESTRICTIONS
    • All Army building restrictions are applied only during the creation of the roster, and may be ignored during the game (ie: joining characters or summoning new units)
    • The Army Lists allowed are those from any of the currently published GW Army Books, and The Legion of Azgorh from Tamurkhan
    • All Special or Named Characters that appear in army books are allowed. Other sources of Special Characters (Battlescrolls, White Dwarf, End Times books...) are disallowed
    • Undead Legions, Legions of Chaos, Formations, and any other End Times Army Lists are not allowed Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress may not be taken
    • Units cannot be more than 450 points. This does not apply to characters
    • All army sizes are 2400 points unless stated otherwise in race specific section below

MAGIC RESTRICTIONS
    • Up to 2 Characters in a unit can get a 2+ "Look Out, Sir!" against Dwellers Below, Final Transmutation and Dreaded 13th. Normal requirements for Look Out, Sir! Apply
    • A maximum of 12 power dice may be used in each magic phase
    • A maximum of 2 dice may be added to the power or dispel pool each player turn
    • No spell may be cast with more than 5 Power Dice. This is lowered to 4 Power Dice for the Shadow’s spell Mindrazor, Hashut’s Ashstorm, and the whole Lore of Death and Undeath
    • No ethereal units or characters may be raised

ARMY SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS AND POOL CHOICES
    • Some Army Lists have some rules changes applied. Additionally each Army List, except Bretonnia, Orcs and Goblins, and Tomb Kings, has a total of 5 comp choices to expend. The possible choices to pick are listed in each army’s specific section. Additionally, the following choices are applied to all armies
    • Total points spent on Characters is more than 50% of the army points 1 choice
    • Total points spent on Characters is more than 60% of the army points 1 extra choice
    • One or more characters with leadership 10 for the purpose of Spirit Leech and one or more wizards with access to that spell 1 choice
    • One or more wizards rolling spells on Lore of Death 1 choice

LIZARDMEN
    • Slann MagePriest, Lord Kroak, Lord Mazdamundi 1 choice each
    • Discipline of Harmonic Convergence 1 choice
    • Character mounted on Cold One above 1 2 choices each
    • Flying unit and/or character above 3 1 choice each
    • Unit of Core Skink Skirmishers above 3 1 choice each
    • Unit of Skink Cohort above 3 1 choice each
    • Tetto’Eko 3 choices

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Interesting - any links to the site proper?

3. airjamy
    Bastiladon

It is not on a site, I found it in a PDF called the whfb 8th Bible, which is a compendium of a lot of tournament rule sets and also just the base rules. I don't know what the mods currently think about linking that sort of stuff. Everything is still copyrighted, but I wonder if GW does any enforcement of their copyright.

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

They do with AoS and 40K, but I can’t imagine them enforcing much copyright law on Fantasy anymore given that they killed it off. I put a link to a site with free PDFs of all the army books ever made on one thread here, and so far I haven’t been targeted for retribution by GW. It should be fine.

airjamy likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Good, good Anakin :)

6. airjamy
    Bastiladon

I now see i cant, the file is too big, and i cant share it here. You can find it if you google Warhammer Fantasy Bible ;)