1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirmed some things about Dark Eldar...

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Chaq Mundi, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Chaq Mundi
    Saurus

Chaq Mundi New Member

So today I saw the new Dark Eldar codex, and I am here to report my findings.
    Dark Eldar Special Rules: Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain (every time a dark eldar unit destroys another unit they get a Pain Token-thingy. 1 pain token gives Feel No Pain, 2 gives Furious Charge, and 3 gives Fearless; these are cumulative).
    Dark Eldar Warriors: same as before, but 1 point more and with 4+ poison on all splinter rifles.
    Archon: WS7, BS7, 4 attacks and same points cost.
    Grotesques: 3 wounds, 3 attacks, and they start with 1 Pain Token. Also Strength 5 and Toughness 5.
    Wyches: 4+ Invulnerable all around, and there are different kinds of wych weapons that have different abilities.
    Incubi: Mostly the same, except the Incubi squad leader can have the equivalent of exarch powers. They are cheaper, too.
    Mandrakes: Same cost, 5+ Invulnerable, and can shoot blasts of balefire.
    Drazhar, Master of Blades: Same stats as a Phoenix Lord.
    Lelith Hesperax: WS9, BS9, 4 attacks, ignores armor saves, and gets an additional attack for every point of difference between her WS and the highest WS of any model in the squad she's fighting.

That's what springs to mind the most. In addition, they have lots more special characters, and a LOT of crazy, unique wargear, like the huskblade (power weapon that inflicts instant death).

More to come!

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for posting! With Maelstrom having a sale this weekend I'm going to preorder some, it is difficult to decie what to grab though. Looks like warriors, wyches, incubi and raiders are pretty safe bets, which is most of the first wave. Not sure about the jetbikes, I probably have enough of the old ones.