1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversions

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by n1ghtl1fe, Nov 6, 2009.

1. n1ghtl1fe
    Skink

n1ghtl1fe New Member

I'm quite a keen green-stuff wizard and apart from regular skinks to cameleon skinks i've not seen or heard of any conversions. Would love to get stuck in with some conversions but would like some inspiration if anyone has any.

Cheers.

2. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

3. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

I don't/can't do/have any pictures, but I can tell you some conversion stuff I've seen/used for lizardmen.

For example, My Scar-Vet Mounted on Cold One, my Scar Vet on Foot, and my chameleons are all converted.

I was going to convert a priest, but caved and got the model...didn't get the cloak of feathers though, later decided to buy a second one for my 1k lists that don't have an EoTG and perhaps for slann lists that don't have a EoTG as well. Got the exact same blister... =/

So I might consider converting a cloak of feathers onto one of them...

I would have converted terradons too (i did for a little while) but mine really, REALLY sucked. They were my first attempt at green stuff and converting in general, and I hated em. Ended up throwing them out, I perfer chameleon skinks in a list anyway, though sometimes a unit of 3 would have its uses. I'll probably just buy em eventually...

One thing I'd like to see done, mostly because I certainly don't know how, is kroxigor conversions. With the whole, str 4 with great weapons the fluff seems to be off with the actual stats, so I've considered using green stuff and such to convert a saurus warrior to have bigger spines out of its back, with scale plates. And then maybe a wider head with two big horns and a great weapon, just to be a bulkier more dinosaur looking saurus to call kroxigor.

Idk, my playing skills outway my model skills by a fair amount, we'll see if I end up doing anything with them...

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm making the front rank of my saurus unit a bit more dynamic, like they're heading into combat.

Unit champ
    Another dude
    His drinking buddy

Also making my engine of the gods being powered by a sacrifice the priest is making, stabbing a victim and throwing lightning all over it. Its still very much WiP at the moment though.

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

DSCN1626.jpg
    DSCN1627.jpg
    That's my Scar-Vet with a halberd/GW.

6. Enigma
    Saurus

Enigma New Member

Hey, Hellbreaker! That doubleweapon is awesome, hope you don't mind me stealing the idea for one or two of my own Saurus characters :)