1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dawn of War III trailer... enjoy

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, May 3, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Still have DoW installed, might have to play through it again.

n810 likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I've never played it myself... though I have enjoyed the trailers they have produced.

4. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

Marchlect that wraithbone looks cool!

5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I have mixed feelings.

I really enjoyed the previous installments, I still have them both. I am looking forward to seeing how the new 40K units fit into the game, especially how they will incorporate the new super heavy units and flyers (though flyers were quickly added to the last soulstorm game, with mixed results). It would be fun to be imperial knights striding across the battlefield sweeping away large units of orks, but I hope the super-heavies don't overshadow how awesome infantry and the normal units of 40K too much. The basic infantry/tanks is what made 40K so interesting in the first place.

This trailer strikes me as being a bit weird and not very strong. I know its a video game, and the marines and orks and everything move in a video-game like way, but considering how HEAVY those marines are, they were REALLY being jostled around by that wind. And the volcano is actually an orkano? Maybe they were all stormboyz. I did NOT like how happy that marine was the entire video. Did you forget you were at war here?!? What are you standing around smiling for! HERESY ::blam:: SMITE YOUR ENEMIES IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR!

Soapboxes, aside, I hope this new version of Dawn of War is a good one that improves upon the old!

Bowser likes this.