1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Decided to start AOS. Oh my

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Miguel Andersson, May 7, 2020.

1. Miguel Andersson
    Jungle Swarm

Miguel Andersson New Member

Hi all.
    So I have decided to start with the hoby again after 10 years abcence from the hoby.
    The way I will start is to get the start collecting Skink box and go from there.
    However, I have a questions since I'm trying to grasp the rules.

When you build the list, do you have to get all in on Skinks, Saurus or Stegaggedons.
    That is because I would like to create a mixed arms army with Temple Guards holding the centre, Ranged skinks and Terradons for harrasments and the rest will be filled up by bigger Lizards wheras 1 Carnisaur since I like the model.

Also for this build, should I go with Javelins or Blowpipes with shields or clubs for the skinks?

Is this viable, or can I even mix and match freely between the "breeds"?

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

There is no limitation on army composition in regard of our "sub-races". The only limiting factor is the fact that certain abilities only affect only saurus or skinks, so while using certain subfactions, not all your units will receive the bonus. For example, only skinks benifit from fangs of sotek, only sarus benifit from koatl claw and only monsters benifit from thunder lizard. Certain heroes also can only buff skinks or saurus, like skink priest or scar-veteran. But nothing stops you from actually taking mixed army.

For large units, Skinks are best with blowpipes and clubs for large unit (more offensive approach) or blowpipes and shields (more defensive approach). For small units, javelins and shields are probably the best, but blowpipes is fine too. I wouldn't go for melee loadout for small units.

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Imrahil and Nart like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard! feel free to ask for anything you may need
    Always take skinks with shield and a shooting weapon ;)

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Good luck with starting an army.
    Be sure to start a painting blog so we can follow your progress;)

Grrr, Imrahil

6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

WELCOME SKINK!(earth trembles under my great weight) you can build any style army as you want as long as it is fun for you and works out for you. You can smother your opponent in the bodies of a tidal wave of skinks, you can unleash a horde of terrosaurs or ripperdactls to drop rocks and unleash toads fury on enemies. want to let loose the largest pack of raptors possible? Do it. 35 kroxigors with the moonhammer holders all surprizingly names kroxigor dundee? Fuck yeah. A trio of dread saurians with a skeleton crew of chaffe and a few priests?? No...Dont do that thats really expensive unless youre rich(or stupid like me) then go bananas.

7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!