1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Did you know...?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Pinktaco, Feb 13, 2014.

1. laribold
    Cold One

laribold Active Member

Characters with the Fly special rule (or mounted on a flying warbeast/monstrous beast) CAN join units.
    The exception being a character with the Arabyan Carpet.

The only units Flying characters cannot join are Units with the Fly special rule, as no characters can join those units.

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

"If a unit is engaged to more than one facing (say to the front and one flank), it cannot make combat reforms." BRB p. 55

This rule is often missed in many YouTube battle reports that I watch.

Lizards of Renown and n810 like this.
  3. thegraymist
    Skink

thegraymist Member

Did you know that with a BSB Slann you can put both the Skavenpelt Banner and the Razor Standard in a unit of Temple Guard giving 3 attacks with -3 to armour saves. Wish someone had told me about that combo earlier.

Lizards of Renown, Sudaj and n810 like this.
  4. Fleetfiend
    Saurus

Fleetfiend Member

Did you know that you can put a skink priest in a unit of skirmishers?

I may be a total derpnoob, but I just found out about that one the other day.

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

You can put the slann there as well ;)

Scalenex likes this.
  6. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

But not saurus cowboy as other than infantry characters cannot join skirmish units.

BR
    Agrem

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

You mean there are other places you could put a Skink Priest in then a unit of Skirmishers? :):cool:

airjamy and borkbork like this.
  8. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

Did you know that If a Slann Mage-Priest who knows Flaming Sword Of Ruin spell and successfully cast it upon himself, It is technically the Slann's skink attendant that physically bears the flaming sword?

n810 likes this.
  9. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Did you know, that when fighting against a unit consisting of a rank (or when a bigger unit get reduced to a single rank), you are supposed to remove casualties alternating from either side.

It is situational but it is a great way to reduce attacks coming back at you. So although you have to maximize the number of fighting models you should still aim for corners with your charges. Especially with things like chariots and stegs (with impact hits), or units with high I.

Just remember you can't lose contact this way. If you kill more models then are in b2b contact you are supposed to move one unit a little, but then you dont have to maximize anymore.

10. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

With Khaine magic, you can use the Engine of the Gods to lower the casting value of a 15+ spell to 14+ which lets you cast it multiple times.

11. William Jackson
    Skink

William Jackson Member

pawns control the chessboard. skinks are the pawns of warhammer, therefore, have a lot of skinks.

Warden and Agrem like this.
  12. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

or you are foolish enough to charge Gor-Rok :D

13. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

a slann with lore master and life magic w/ 1 or 2 lvl 2 SP both beast magic minimum amount of core thats required to be legal, a trogladon w/DR and as much points as your willing to invest in to a TG bunker with chatax and you will find it hard to die (as long as your dice rolls are good) i done this in a 2.5k pt fight i had other stuff as well to fill points and different rolls but i can't remember of the top of my head

all in all was one of my most enjoyable battles and my opponent was impressed with my tactic (up until this game i had only played 2/3 games of 8th and about 10 games of AoS) so as you can i had no real good army building experience at that point and this was my first good list.

Sudaj likes this.
  14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Number 1 is great.

Number 2 is... wrong... You have handler models that go with the monster, but you can place them behind and they cannot be separately attacked. Althought they CAN attack!

Imrahil likes this.
  15. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

You can also use this same trick against Mangler Squigs...

Imrahil likes this.
  16. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

The ONLY thing about it is if you lose a combat, you lose the Frenzy which kind of sucks as it costs 65 points... There's no rule that says it is a special Frenzy so if they lose ONE combat, its gone.

Imrahil likes this.