1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dismembering a sigmarine

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Lizerd, May 2, 2019.

1. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

As I just picked up my slaan I also got to pick up a free liberator. As I despise those golden poster boys I decided to dismember it, make green stuff organs, and litter it in gore on a base. Any other ideas to help/paints to use?

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

captain-picard-full-of-win.jpg

3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Well I will be staring work tomorrow, and I will send many a gruesome picture to fuel your hatred of the sigmarines. The guy who plays stormcast is gonna be pissed...

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I LOOK FORWARD TO IT!! :):)

5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Alright, first bit done. The op sigmarine has been dismembered, mainly his arms at the joints have been cut off while his upper chests and abdominal region have been torn apart. I have worked on the gold and expect some horrific pictures tommorow.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

For inspiration & motivation...

fdsf.JPG

7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

They claim to be our allies, yet when I ask a stormcast guy at the store if he can help me, he says nah man. I ask why not, we are allies and he replies “we just both hate chaos”. Proof stormcast suck and why we need to sacrifice them to sotek.

8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Update: the shield has been cut up, giving it the appearance as if it was bitten into. The blood is now on the carnosaur :D

9. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

So far so good, organs coming along. May the carnosaur feast on the flesh of our foes
    [​IMG]

10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

The carnosaur is very proud of his work...
    [​IMG]

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

HAHAHA!

When finished, are you going to bring it in and show it around the GW from where you got if from.

12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah. The following is a hypothetical dialogue between me and some stormcast players
    “Cool carnosaur, what is that thing on the OH DEAR SIGMAR!”
    Me: “sigmar can’t help you now, not even your damn 120 point sequitors can save you.”
    * Sigmarines run out of store*

My mom is going to have a lot of questions for me...

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Excellent! :D

Always remember...

D5.jpg

14. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Honestly I never got why people don’t like Stormcast. Obviously they aren’t my favorite but I do think they are cool.

Lizerd likes this.
  15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Well then, done the most work I can tonight, but even in my dreams I will imagine a world with reasonably priced sigmarines. Pretty soon after the guts have dried I can paint them over in blood and glue it to the base of a carnosaur. This is going to be awesome :D

16. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I will be flat here, I do to an extent like stormcast, and I do love AoS (I wasn’t alive for fantasy battles). My real issue with storm cast is that they are simply to good. I can tolerate a faction better then me, but there comes a point when it is not fun playing against them. Stormcast eternals crossed that line between a fun challenge and a brutal almost guaranteed loss.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

zowspvr.png

Imrahil likes this.
  18. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

People don’t like them because of their 6’s ! :D

Just a thought of you wanted to go technical - storm casts disappear in a flash of lightning when they die - so when you paint him maybe do him in azurite/bright/lightning sort of colours - maybe from his dismembered parts up - so he’s kinda half ghost like - then it looks like he’s being returned to the forge (sadly just after being torn apart - so he feels it) ;D

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

A thread that talks about dismembering a Stormcast appearing on this forum?

[​IMG]

Nice job on the viscera so far!

That's more proof that just that player deserves to be sacrificed to Sotek for being an unfriendly sod rather than the whole Stormcast race (people like him are what gives the hobby a bad name - I know one particular powergamer Dark Elf and Dark Eldar player who deserves that fate), but in any case you don't need any proof that Stormcast suck - most of us here know and feel it! ;)

I feel the same way about Warriors of Chaos in Fantasy, but don't worry @NIGHTBRINGER, if I were to do something like this, I would actually rather put a dead Vampire on the bases of my Lizardmen than a Chaos Warrior because even though WoC are OP, I don't have much objection to their aesthetics or lore (as long as they're Khorne or Tzeentch warriors). Vampire Counts on the other hand I just cannot stand, in terms of gameplay, aesthetics or lore.

I like that Night Goblin model but I don't recognise him from any of the current or recently ditched models - is he from 4th Edition or something?

I think they'd have looked a lot better if they had medieval knight helmets and served the Lady of the Lake (i.e. new plastic Bretonnians). The one thing I do like is their Gryph-chargers could be used as plastic Hippogryphs for Bretonnian character conversions.

NIGHTBRINGER and Lizerd like this.
  20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

The Guy who plays the stormcast is nice, but he also doesn’t feel stormcast need a nerf. Kinda annoying (as in annoying as crap). The person who actually is the best in the tournament is a dark elf player, who has some stupid amount of rerolls. Really if they just raised their point costs I would be fine, but now I must make a statement and sacrifice them to sotek.

LizardWizard likes this.