1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone play wood elves? Redesign in future?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by lovelight15, Jan 8, 2012.

1. lovelight15
    Skink

lovelight15 New Member

Hi Guys, I am about half done painting my 2000 pt Lizardmen army, and have already got the bug to plan my next one :) I love the fluff and idea of the wood elves (I'm a girl, btw) but they look a little outdated. I'm thinking they are definitely due for all new models. On the other hand, if they are unpopular, might they get cut?

Do you think they'll get a re-design in the next year or so?

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Yes, I'm sure they will. But not until earliest 2013 it looks. After Vampire Counts are released next week, it's strongly rumored that Empire, Warriors of Chaos and Dwarfs will follow. Dwarfs seems to be a wild card in that Harry from Warseer has hinted that they may come "earlier than expected" and he has admitted that his vision is only about 6 months out. GW could very well switch things by then.

Here is the Empire Rumor Thread on Warseer: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328087

- Lord Cedric

3. lovelight15
    Skink

lovelight15 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I guess i will start following the rumors :)

Fortunately I'm very happy with the current lizardman model designs! (I do wish the salamanders still had their sails.. or somethhing to make them a little more interesting though)

4. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

My housemate has been waiting for a woodelf re-design since forever. I was betting mid-2014 until the got their dues. Anyone want to make a wager? 1 painted model for the closest?

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

In theory, they should be soonish since they are one of the armies that barely works in 8th ed. But GW does have a habit of neglecting them. I know there are Empire rumours, and Dwarf rumours, and apparently later this year WoC will get more releases and possibly a new book.

One would also expect Brets to get a new release before too long since they were hurt in 8th ed. But GW goes with whatever they want, not which armies need it most. 2014 might not be a bad guess. :p