1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Double Battalion 2k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Stevie754, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    2 x Salamanders (80)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 2
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 94

The idea behind the list is the rippers in the shadowstrike will hold the opponent up (keep them forced to bubble) and give you the turn to get the thunderquake rerolling it's wounds and saves.

It's a 4 drop so you should have turn 1 in most games and the setup move on the 2x10 skinks should let everything be kept safe.

Turn 1 with the engine you are either 25" snipe or trying to summon extra skinks to bubble wrap or the rippers to get 2 toads on the board early to open up drop options.
    Turn 2 you will have 20 summoning points from the slann to drop an astrolith and ramp the thunderquake up into rerolling all hits, wounds and saves.

It's done really well so far, so when I get a few more games in with it I'll update and let everyone know how it went or which artefacts I finally decided work best.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I have run this exact list before. It is very fun. However, I did miss not having the Astrolith Bearer for hit rerolls and additional Celestial Conjuration points. I have really come to point where if I run a double battalion it is one of the super battalion.

When I played this list it felt drawn in too many directions. Like I could have gone full glasscannon Shadowstrike or full summon and turtle Thunderquake and been better off. My hope was to get the best of both worlds and be flexible. Instead it ended up a bit in the middle. I did go 2 major victories and a minor defeat with this list at a small ITC event though.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Bandicoot
    Saurus

Bandicoot Active Member

Agreed with @LizardWizard. This list is a lot of fun and can be pretty dominating. I played a variant with one less unit of rippers for my astrolith bearer and my major concern was that the skinks felt a little uslsss in their numbers as they died easy and could hit worth a damn. On the bright side if your battleline fades quickly you can resummon them again in units of twenty and it does a good job at harassing the opponent.

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I also agree. I played a similar one, but with Terradons and without an EotG (using a Troggy), so I had enough points to throw a Astrolith in the mix.
    Great fun!

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.